Rivers State Governor, Barr. Nyesome Wike has described his Ekiti State counterpart and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum ( NGF), Dr Kayode Fayemi, as a highly focused leader who does not discriminate against members of tbe opposition party, but sees them as partners in progress.
Governor Wike gave the comendation, Wednesday in Port Harcourt, during the commissioning of the ultra modern Rumuwoji Market as part of activities marking the first 100 days of his second term in office.
Wike said Governor Fayemi was given the honour of commissioning the market in recognition of his rare qualities as a leader who does not discriminate based on political party affiliation.
He said: ” My brother, the Chairman of NGF, Governor Fayemi is a great leader. He has never discriminated against opposition parties. He sees everybody as partners in progress.
” He is one of the few leaders who understand that a political party is a vehicle to get into government and that party affiliation should not bring animosity, especially when development is the focus.
Governor Wike recalled how Governor Fayemi’s intervention helped to douse the tension that was brewing over the issue of mosque demolition in the state earlier in the month.
“He called me when he heard about the development. He came here and intervened in the matter, not minding our political party affiliation. That is leadership. And such a leader should be encouraged” He added.
Governor Fayemi, in a short remark before commissioning the market complex also has hailed his Rivers State counterpart, Barr. Wike for his developmental strides in the state.
He described Wike as a frontline member of the NGF, adding that he was impressed by the Rivers State Governor’s penchant for people- oriented projects, which he said had earned him the nickname ” Mr Project”.
Dr Fayemi who was the special guest of honour at the event, said government is about affecting the lives of the people positively and ensuring that “we fulfil promises made during electioneering period.
He said his role as NGF Chairman is to support, protect and defend members of the Forum regardless of party affiliation.
The two governors later led other dignitaries and traders on an inspection of facilities in the ultra modern market.
Germany-based writer, Nkiru Homann recounts life at almost 50, set to launch book
GTBank Releases Q3 2019 Unaudited Results…….. Reports Profit before tax of ₦170.7 Billion
FIRSTBANK HOSTS FINTECH SUMMIT 3.0
Ogun: Abiodun Offers Immediate Employment For Ilaro Polytechnic Best Graduating Student
Stakeholders task FG on economy
Cover Of The Week
- Scholarship for Orphaned Students October 16, 2019
- Concerned about their representation, Wau women seek strength in unity October 16, 2019
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Press Statement on the situation in Guinea-Bissau October 16, 2019
- Inauguration of the new living space at the French Residence with Roche Bobois October 16, 2019
- Elections in Tunisia October 16, 2019
- H.E. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland made official visit to Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- Hackathon Workshop on “Election” Challenge in Ethiopia October 16, 2019
- “Local Governments at the Forefront in the Fight against Climate Change in Africa” October 16, 2019
- The Ambassador of Kazakhstan presented letters of credence to the President of South Africa October 16, 2019
- On World Food Day, Government and United Nations highlight healthy diets in South Sudan October 16, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin