society
Woman Rapes Man While Sleeping
Woman Jailed For Forcing Man To Have Sex With Her While He Was Asleep
RAPE– A woman was today jailed for four years after she admitted to forcing a man to have sex with her while he was asleep.
Tanya Lord, 41, was told by the judge there ‘seems to be no distinction to be drawn between this and the rape of a female.’
Outlining how the victim has been left mentally scarred and suspicious of people by his ordeal, the judge said ‘there’s a repeated myth that males are less susceptible’ to the consequences of sex attacks.
He revealed the victim has received counselling, is still prescribed medication for his mental health, has been left untrusting of people, and ‘feels alone’ unless he’s with his kids.
In an impact statement, the victim told the court: ‘I would not wish this on anyone,‘ adding that ‘encourage anyone who has been abused to come forward.’
Judge Lynch said if the myth about male victims ‘needs to be disabused, it can be disabused now by the contents of the victim impact statement I have just read out’ and warning that ‘there’s no distinction between male and female rape – the fact that a male is a victim doesn’t make it any less serious than the rape of a female victim’.
Lord, from Lancashire, who is a lesbian, had already pleaded guilty to the sex attack at her home in Co Armagh at an earlier hearing at Craigavon Crown Court.
She admitted causing a man ‘to engage in sexual activity with you involving penetration of your vagina with his penis and that he did not consent to the sexual activity, and you did not reasonably believe that he so consented’.
The court heard how Lord forced the victim to have sex when they shared a bed at her home.
Prosecutor Joseph Murphy said the man had been drinking all day and met up with Lord after she finished work on June 23, 2020.
They went back to her house, had a few more drinks and some food, and then went to bed with both wearing shorts.
The victim believed that no sexual intercourse would take place because he understood that Lord was a lesbian.
The prosecutor said however that in the early hours of the morning, the victim woke and ‘felt a pain across his chest’.
He regained his senses and realized that his boxer shorts had been pulled down to his knees, his penis was inside Lord and she was ‘straddling him, bouncing up and down’.
He added that the victim pushed her off and she pretended to be asleep.
The victim got up and went downstairs ‘to process what had happened’.
He pretended to be asleep in the sofa when Lord brought his clothes down but when she left the room, he got dressed and left the property.
He then spoke to his mother and partner before reporting the incident to the police.
He was taken to a rape enquiry centre where he had to endure an intimate examination, have swabs taken from his private parts, and be interviewed on video by specialist detectives.
It was those swabs, the court heard, that helped form an ‘overwhelming case’ against Lord because while she claimed there had been no sexual contact whatsoever, her full DNA profile was found on the victim’s penis.
When she was questioned, Lord ‘could provide no explanation’ why her DNA had been found on intimate swabs and more than two years after the incident, with repeated delays and adjournments and an aborted trial, she finally confessed her guilt at the eleventh hour.
The prosecutor argued the fact that the victim was asleep when he was attacked was an aggravating feature of the case.
Mr Murphy told the court that he could find no similar case in the UK.
‘Factually this case involved a woman having sex with a man without his consent and there should be parity between male victims of sexual crime and female victims,’ he said, submitting that to do otherwise would affirm the ‘myth that men are less affected by sexual assault than women.’
Defense lawyer Michael Ward said Lord, who suffers from a personality disorder and has poor mental health, ‘has expressed remorse for her offending and some victim awareness’.
‘She understands the position she had put herself in and she expresses, through me today, her remorse and her apologies to the victim for the unfortunate and regrettable incident,’ said the barrister.
In addition to the four-year sentence, Lord was ordered to sign the police sex offenders register for the rest of her life
society
HOPE BEYOND THE WALLS 2026: ASSOCIATION OF MODELS SUCCESSFULLY SECURES RELEASE OF AN INMATE, CALLS FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT
HOPE BEYOND THE WALLS 2026: ASSOCIATION OF MODELS SUCCESSFULLY SECURES RELEASE OF AN INMATE, CALLS FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT
The Association of Models (AOMNGO) proudly announces the successful completion of the first edition of Hope Beyond the Walls 2026, a humanitarian initiative dedicated to restoring hope and freedom to deserving inmates.
Despite enormous challenges, financial pressure, emotional strain, and operational stress, the organization remained committed to its mission. Through perseverance, faith, and collective support, one inmate has successfully regained freedom a powerful reminder that hope is stronger than circumstance.
This milestone did not come easily.
Behind the scenes were weeks of coordination, advocacy, fundraising, documentation, and intense engagement. There were moments of uncertainty, but the determination to give someone a second chance kept the vision alive.
Today, the Association of Models gives heartfelt appreciation to all partners and sponsors, both locally and internationally, who stood with us mentally, financially, morally, and physically.
Special Recognition and Appreciation To:
Correctional Service Zonal Headquarters Zone A Ikoyi
Esan Dele
Ololade Bakare
Ify
Kweme
Taiwo & Kehinde Solagbade
Segun
Mr David Olayiwola
Mr David Alabi
PPF Zion International
OlasGlam International
Razor
Mr Obinna
Mr Dele Bakare (VOB International)
Tawio Bakare
Kehinde Bakare
Hannah Bakare
Mrs Doyin Adeyemi
Shade Daniel
Mr Seyi United States
Toxan Global Enterprises Prison
Adeleke Otejo
Favour
Yetty Mama
Loko Tobi Jeannette
MOSES OLUWATOSIN OKIKIADE
Moses Okikiade
(Provenience Enterprise)
We also acknowledge the numerous businesses and private supporters whose names may not be individually mentioned but whose contributions were instrumental in achieving this success.
Your generosity made freedom possible.
A CALL TO ACTION
Hope Beyond the Walls is not a one-time event. It is a movement.
There are still many deserving inmates waiting for a second chance individuals who simply need financial assistance, legal support, and advocacy to reunite with their families and rebuild their lives.
The Association of Models is therefore calling on:
Corporate organizations
Local and international sponsors
Philanthropists
Faith-based organizations
Community leaders
Individuals with a heart for impact
to partner with us.
Our vision is clear:
To secure the release of inmates regularly monthly, quarterly, or during special intervention periods through structured support and transparent collaboration.
HOW TO SUPPORT
Interested partners and supporters can reach out via
Social Media: Official Handles Hope In Motion
Donations and sponsorship inquiries are welcome.
Together, we can turn difficult stories into testimonies of restoration.
ABOUT AOMNGO
The Association of Models (AOMNGO) is a humanitarian driven organization committed to advocacy, empowerment, and social impact. Through projects like Hope Beyond the Walls, the organization works tirelessly to restore dignity and create opportunities for individuals seeking a second chance.
“When we come together, walls fall and hope rises.”
For media interviews, partnerships, and sponsorship discussions, please contact the Association of Models directly.
society
SENATOR ADEOLA YAYI REGISTERS 4000 JAMB CANDIDATES
SENATOR ADEOLA YAYI REGISTERS 4000 JAMB CANDIDATES
In continuation of his educational support initiatives and following established tradition, Senator Solomon Adeola (APC,Ogun West) has successfully paid for and enrolled 4000 indigent students for the 2026 Joint Admission Matriculation Board(JAMB) examination.
According to a release e-signed and made available to members of the League of Yewa-Awori Media Practitioners (LOYAMP) by High Chief Kayode Odunaro, Media Adviser to Senator Adeola and shared with (your mediu), the programme financed by the senator under the “SEN YAYI FREE JAMB 2026” ended on Saturday , February 21, 2026, with a total of 4000 candidates successfully enrolled with their PINs provided.
Commenting on the success of the programme, Senator Adeola said the programme is another leg of his personal educational empowerment for indigent but brilliant citizens preparatory to his scholarship and bursary facilitation for tertiary education institutions’ students.
“As far as I can help it, none of our children will miss educational opportunities arising out of adverse economic predicament of their parents or guardians”, he stated.
Successful candidates cut across all the three senatorial districts of Ogun State with 2183 coming from Ogun West, 1358 coming from Ogun Central and 418 from Ogun East.
Some of the candidates that applied and are yet to get their PINs due wrong information supplied in their profiles and being underage as discovered by JAMB and other reasons are being further assisted to see the possibility of getting their PINs.
The Free JAMB programme of the Senator that has been running for years is well received by appreciative beneficiaries and their parents.
Alhaji Suara Adeyemi from Ipokia Local Government whose daughter successfully got her PIN in the programme said the Senator’s gesture was a welcome financial relief for his family at this period after payment of numerous school fees of other siblings of the beneficiary seeking admission to higher institution.
Also posting on the social media handle of the Senator, a beneficiary Mr. Henry Olaitan, from Odeda LGA said that he would have missed doing the entry examination as his guardian cannot afford the fees for himself and two of his children.
society
House Committee Seeks Stronger Financial Backing for Federal Character Commission
House Committee Seeks Stronger Financial Backing for Federal Character Commission
The Executive Chairman of the Federal Character Commission (FCC), Honorable Hulayat Motunrayo Omidiran, has reassured the commitment of her new leadership to reposition the Commission and strengthen enforcement of the federal character principle, despite prevailing funding challenges.
Hon. Omidiran made this known during the Commission’s budget defence before the House of Representatives Committee on Federal Character at the National Assembly on Friday, February 19, 2026.
The Executive Chairman opened up on inadequate funding has continued to constrain the Commission’s statutory activities, including nationwide monitoring, compliance audits and enforcement measures across Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
“We are focused and determined to do the work that the Constitution and the President have entrusted us with,” Omidiran stated.
The FCC Boss, however, assured lawmakers that the Commission remains resolute in ensuring equity, fairness and balanced representation in line with its constitutional mandate.
“As a Commission, it is our responsibility to engage with relevant government parastatals and ministries to secure the necessary funding we require. We believe that with consultation and collaboration, it will be a successful venture for the Commission.”
Earlier, the Chairman of the House Committee on Federal Character, RT. Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase, expressed deep concern over what he described as near-zero budgetary allocation to the Commission, stressing that such financial inadequacies severely undermine its operational effectiveness.
The Plateau State lawmaker assured the Commission of the Committee’s firm legislative backing in advocating for improved funding and strengthening the Commission’s capacity to fully exercise its constitutional mandate.
“We cannot reasonably expect the Federal Character Commission to enforce compliance across Ministries, Departments, and Agencies while grappling with insufficient funding,” Hon. Wase remarked.
“If we are genuinely committed to fairness, equity, and national cohesion, then we must be deliberate in adequately funding the institution established to safeguard these principles.
“As a Committee, we shall work closely with the leadership of the Commission to ensure that its budgetary provisions reflect the magnitude of its mandate. The era of skeletal or token funding must give way to realistic and sustainable financial support,” he concluded.
The budget defence session concluded on a note of renewed collaboration between the House of Representatives and the Commission, reflecting a shared determination to strengthen institutional capacity, enhance accountability, and promote equitable representation within Nigeria’s public service.
SIGNED:
Ademola Lawrence
Spokesperson,
Federal Character Commission
February 20, 2026
-
celebrity radar - gossips6 months agoWhy Babangida’s Hilltop Home Became Nigeria’s Political “Mecca”
-
society6 months agoPower is a Loan, Not a Possession: The Sacred Duty of Planting People
-
society5 months agoReligion: Africa’s Oldest Weapon of Enslavement and the Forgotten Truth
-
news6 months agoTHE APPOINTMENT OF WASIU AYINDE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS AN AMBASSADOR SOUNDS EMBARRASSING







