Anglican Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma, has launched an attack on President Muhammadu Buhari’s government over its failure to curb corruption.
Bishop Chukwuma speaking at a service hinted that retirement age in politics is 70 years, hence Buhari must resign.
He stated that Buhari’s government came into power through corruption, therefore, the reason it can’t fight corrupt practices in the country.
Also taking a swipe at the South East governors, the bishop said politics played by governors is based on selfishness, materialistic gains yet to match the likes of Alex Ekwueme and Ojukwu.
He further expressed worries at who will replace the likes of Ekwueme, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Ojukwu.
“Thus saith the Lord, set thy house in order for thou shalt die and not live. I don’t believe in 70 yrs , 70 years is the age of retirement. politicians are you hearing me? at Age 70, you have your passport to heaven.
“Ekwueme’s trip abroad for medical treatment by the federal government is a shame to Nigeria and a disgrace to the health sector.
“When we can’t even afford panadol in federal state house clinic. I hope x-ray machine is working now because that is the first place to start fighting corruption.
“Ekwueme had something he was doing before he got into politics because he didn’t believe in bribery or rigging. Some of you are in politics but have nothing.
“The present government came through corruption, so it’s difficult to fight corruption. Those who stole money used it to campaign for presidency.
“Buhari 32 years ago put Ekwueme into prison and 32 years after he died unde4r his government.
On the Fulani herdsmen and the question of colony, he said, “South East will not tolerate any colony for fulani herdsmen, herdsmen should stay away; it’s a private business.
“Any governor that supports cattle colony will be resisted by Igbo and CAN.
“Audu Ogbeh should take them to Daura, the python dance we have here is enough
On the poor attitudes of South East Governors to the development of the zone, he said, “South east governors must be united and stand as one voice. As Ekwueme stood for us who will stand for Igbos?
“Politics being played by governors is that of selfishness. It’s time to think of how to eradicate employment, if you have money make investment for the youths rather than recycle yourself in politics,” he said.
He further warned the National Assembly member against cross carpeting which he described as National prostitution.
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank