Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has pledged to give 40 per cent of appointments in his cabinet to youths, if he wins the 2019 presidential election.
Atiku made the pledge yesterday at the inauguration of the national and state executives of a pro Atiku group, Intellectual Think-Tank for Atiku (ITTA) in Abuja.
The former Vice President, who was represented at the inauguration by the Chairman of All Atiku Support Group (AASUG) Mr Oladimeji Fabiyi, said: “Having identified the critical role of youths in the emergence of any leader, I pledge to give youths 40 per cent of appointments in my cabinet if elected as the president of Nigeria in 2019.
“As a youth friendly leader who thinks and understands the feelings of youth, I urge them to give me the chance to make their dreams possible”.
His wide, Mrs. Titi Abubakar, represented by Sen. Grace Bent, said that her husband deserved to be the People Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the 2019 presidential election.
She said Atiku was the right man with the political stamina to wrestle and return power back to PDP and Nigerians.
In his acceptance, the National Coordinator, ITTA, Mr Theophilus Ohuoba, said that group would get down to work immediately.
Ohuoba said that the zonal and state coordinators of the group would go back to their various bases to inaugurate their executives.
He said they would move to the grassroots to mobilise delegates and voters to support Atiku’s candidacy.
Cover Of The Week
- Ringier Africa Digital Publishing (RADP) unifies all its brands under the company name PULSE February 21, 2020
- In 12 months, Sahel violence displaces more than 700,000 in Burkina Faso February 21, 2020
- Ebola virus disease – Democratic Republic of the Congo February 21, 2020
- Prosperity Fund’s Future Cities Programme launches in South Africa February 21, 2020
- “Our goal is to surpass developed countries,” African Development Bank VP tells fourth industrial revolution forum February 21, 2020
- Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari to visit Tanzania and Mozambique February 21, 2020
- Presentation cocktail of the Bordeaux Summit - 18th February, 2020 February 21, 2020
- Polio-Nigeria leaves no stone unturned, targets over 55 million children in house-to-house nationwide campaign February 21, 2020
- Remarks by Ambassador Kyle McCarter at Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) Preliminary Results Launch Celebration February 21, 2020
- 2.9 million people, including 1.6 million children, affected by one or more of humanitarian crises in Niger February 20, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship