National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other members of Governor’s Advisory Council, (GAC) on Sunday resolved the conflict between Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and Lagos State House of Assembly.
The resolution was at a Special Governor’s Advisory Committee (GAC) meeting in Marina, Lagos.
Speaking after the closed door meeting, APC national leader emphasised the need for communication and consensus-building. He reminded all parties that conflict is no more in the democratic process but what is important is the need to develop and harness institutions.
In his words: “We looked at the source of the conflict, which is normal in a democracy, and that is why there are also conflict-resolution mechanisms. We examined the grievances on both sides.
“As leaders, we also looked into areas where there has to be compromise. In order to build institutions and encourage consensus building, we have to do what is right.
“There is no impeachment. Let there be more communication and consensus-building and understanding. All these are inbuilt in the democratic system,” Tinubu said.
Another speaker at the meeting, Tajudeen Olusi, called for the executive and legislature to work together.
In his words: “Conflict is an institutional part of the governance. the Executive/Legislature must work together. We have reached a decision that they must work together amicably. And very soon, both the Legislature and the Executive must resolve the grey areas in their relationship.”
Ambode, his deputy, Dr (Mrs.) Idiat Adebule, Speaker Mudashiru Obasa, his deputy, Wasiu Esinlokun and Lagos central Leader, Prince Tajudeen Olusi attended the meeting.
Source: Tvc news
Zenith Bank earns over N80 billion as trading gains in 2018
DSS Withdraws Invitation To INEC National Commissioner
With God, I can be bigger than Tiwa savage, Olamide, others — PROMISE
‘Buhari is showing his true colour with Death threats’ – Atiku
Application for the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme closes March 1
Cover Of The Week
- Sixteenth UN - AU Joint Task Force on Peace and Security held in Addis Ababa February 18, 2019
- Ethiopia and Djibouti’s renewed resolve for cooperation and economic integration February 18, 2019
- UNHCR South Sudan Operational Update February 18, 2019
- An European Union (EU) road project in Eritrea February 18, 2019
- Zimbabwe: President Mnangagwa’s threats ‘deeply troubling’ February 18, 2019
- Countries urged to ratify labour conventions February 18, 2019
- Procter & Gamble announces newest commitment to gender equality across the Indian subcontinent, Middle East and Africa region at the #WeSeeEqual Summit February 18, 2019
- Africa: The Gambia's National Day February 18, 2019
- Speech by Shri R. Masakui, Ambassador of India to the Republic of Zimbabwe on the 70th Republic Day of India celebration February 18, 2019
- The Gambia's National Day (Statement by Michael R. Pompeo) February 18, 2019
Uncategorized4 days ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips1 week ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
celebrity radar - gossips3 days ago
How Prophet TB Joshua prophesied election postponement.
Uncategorized4 days ago
Finally, INEC Postpones 2019 election till Feb. 23