Interestingly, Nigeria’s Entertainment industry received a boost recently with the launch of NOLLYCOIN – a new blockchain-powered platform and cryptocurrency which is developed by Nollytainment Limited –
At the Nollytainment World Press Conference held in Lagos, Dr. Ope Banwo, the visioner and driver of the platform, described this development as a deliberate strategy to address the problems limiting the impact of Africa movies in the global marketplace. ” the cryptocurrency will enhance the distribution and marketing of products within the African Movies ecosystem.”
According to him, Nollycoin will tackle the lack of access to sustainable capital needed for the production of quality movies; the issues related to copyright infringement, intellectual property protection and piracy; structural problems regarding fair compensation for collaborators and other professionals; and the challenges of having a universal means of exchange for the purchase and sale of African movies.
Speaking further, Dr. Banwo informed stakeholders and the press that the strategy and focus of the Nollycoin & the Nollytainment project is to provide a peer-to-peer content distribution platform that provides direct micro-payments to content owners and access to financing and capital to movie producers who are desirous of producing quality movies for the international market.
Other benefits highlighted are the open and transparent record-keeping ledgers for all stakeholders and the Big Open Data of the Nollycoin blockchain which is driven by Artificial Intelligence.
Also, the timeline for achieving the set objectives include the completion of the ICO (April 2018), Meeting of Stakeholders & Selections (May 2018), launch of Nolly in at least four (4) exchanges (June 2018), Beta Launch of NollyTV platform (July 2018) and the first NollyTV Exclusive TV series(July 2018).
On the Pre-ICO offer, he said between March 1 – 30, 2018 a minimum of 0.50Ethereum will trade around approximately $425, with 16,000Nollycoin equivalent to 0.50Ethereum and 30% bonus offered for all purchases.
Banwo however clarified that the sale is a token sale designed to seek crowd funding for the Nollytainment/Nollycoin project, and not a security sale. He further added that the supporters of the project are given tokens in return
2019 elections and the dilemma of victory By Abiodun KOMOLAFE
I got lucky after feeding prisoners with my entire stock of sausage rolls – Ex-hawker
Cult member who is declared wanted over murder nabbed, 4 others arrested
STATEMENT BY H.E OLUSEGUN OBASANJO ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION PETITION TRIBUNAL
Why I Am Able To Influence Elections – Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- Kwese Sevens: Cheetahs Reign On Day One March 24, 2019
- UN chief calls for ‘far greater support’ for Cyclone Idai response March 22, 2019
- A guiding hand: School counsellors in Sierra Leone address early pregnancy, child marriage March 22, 2019
- Mozambique: “Tens of thousands of families have lost everything” March 22, 2019
- International Organization for Migration (IOM) responds to devastating Cyclone Idai with shelter materials and more March 22, 2019
- Humanitarian Border Management Between Burundi, Tanzania Bolstered by Technology March 22, 2019
- African Policymakers Highlight Opportunities of National Climate Plans March 22, 2019
- Access to safe water for all is key to sustainable development March 22, 2019
- UK aid Cyclone Idai response - additional flight to leave for Mozambique March 22, 2019
- Private Sector Joins IOM to Enhance Skills of Gambian Returnees March 22, 2019
Uncategorized1 month ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 weeks ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
‘I haven’t decamped to APC’ – Titi Oseni debunks rumours