Things have began looking positive for ailing veteran Yoruba actor, Mr. Dayo Akinpelu, as a popular Nigerian business lawyer, Barrister Ope Banwo, just doled out the sum of N100,000 (one hundred thousand naira) for his treatment. The Ikorodu, Lagos born actor popularly known as Alabi Yellow suffered partial stroke in October 2018 few days after losing his wife.
According to a source in the know of the kind gesture, Banwo, a digital business consultant and entertainment executive, was moved reading and watching video online about the plight of the 62 years old thespian, especially with the fact that the loss of his wife must have triggered his sudden sickness. The source added that Banwo promised to do more once other Nigerians started responding well to the ailing actor’s plea.
“He doesn’t even know Alabi Yellow. He has never met him. He is not even in Nigeria as we speak. He was only touched when he watched the video of his appeal on the internet being a man who naturally cares for people. This was only a token he has sent. He wishes to do more when others start responding well,” the source noted.
Sources said that the actor went public with an appeal for aid when his failing health was going for the worse and little or no help was coming from his industry.
UBA Rewards 20 more Customers with N30m in Wise Savers Promo
Oba Olateru-Olagbegi: A patriot and astute custodian of cultural and traditional values – Obasanjo
Easter: Sanwo-Olu greets Christians, preaches love, selflessness
Breaking: Snakes chase Liberian President ‘George Weah’ away from his office
Ugandan Couple Arrested For Screaming During Sex, Land In Court
Cover Of The Week
- Madagascar beat Zim to earn Barthes Cup Promotion April 20, 2019
- Ethiopia Appoints New Defense and Foreign Ministers April 19, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the death of Major General Francis Vib-Sanziri of Ghana, Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observation Force April 19, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Board Approves US$118.2 Million Rapid Credit Facility Assistance to the Republic of Mozambique in the Wake of Cyclone Idai April 19, 2019
- More than 3,400 classrooms damaged or destroyed by Cyclone Idai in Mozambique, says UN Children’s Fund April 19, 2019
- Attack on International Rescue Committee (IRC) supported hospital in DRC leads to loss of life; IRC Ebola responders caught in violence April 19, 2019
- EU endeavours to bridge people through art April 19, 2019
- EURAFRICAN FORUM 2019: António Vitorino, Director General for the International Organization for Migrations – UN Migration Agency (IOM) confirmed to address about the migration dialogue between Europe and Africa April 19, 2019
- Rugby - Zambia: Bhubesi Pride Tours Zambia April 19, 2019
- Media Invitation To Group B U20 Barthés Cup Press Conference April 19, 2019
Uncategorized2 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Crime1 week ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Sir Adebutu Kensington distances self from son’s APM move