Connect with us

society

UBA Makes 20 more customers Millionaires, Doles Out N30m in 3rd Draw of UBA Wise Savers Promo

Published

on

Winners Emerge in 7th UBA Bumper Savings Account Promo



Pan African financial institution, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has again rewarded another 20 customers who have emerged winners in the third quarterly draw of the UBA Wise Savers Promo winning N1.5 million each, bringing the total amount won so far by 60 customers to N90 million.

The electronic raffle draw, which was held at the UBA Head Office in Lagos on Wednesday, July 31st, was witnessed by the relevant regulatory bodies including the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, Lagos State Lottery Board and Consumer Protection Council.

Lucky customers who emerged winners in the latest draw cut across all regions of the country. They are Yusuf Muhammed; Adebakin Anuoluwapo Elizabeth; Babatunde Temidayo Ruth; Christian Emetole; Nwabuife Ikeagu; Omoye Amiengheme; Ogechukwukanma Okoh; Akinyemi Abidemi Betty; Okoro Chukwuma and Chukwu, Patricia Nnenna.

Others are Adejoke Olarinoye; Fatoki Hassan; Nwokocha Ikechukwu Emmanuel; Owolanke kole Emmanuel; Ferreira Adesola Afolatomi; Emmanuel Omoigui; Uzoigwe Anthonia; Elesin Titilayo Oluwabunmi; James Suleiman Umar and Lawan David Nahinokan.

The ongoing promo, which commenced in September last year, is expected to run till September 30, 2019 and will see a final 20 customers from across Nigeria become millionaires, winning N30 million in the last quarter of this year.

At the end of the fourth promo, a total of N120 million will have been won by 80 customers.

Speaking during the event, UBA’s Group Head, Consumer & Retail Banking, Mr. Jude Anele, said that since the promo began late last year, the bank has been impressed at the level of response by its customers and the general public across the country, adding that the purpose of the campaign is to reward loyal customers while encouraging the savings culture.

He noted that there has been a remarkable increase in the number of participants in this edition compared to the previous one, adding that the bank’s objective of helping customers’ save for the rainy day is being achieved.

He said: “It is very easy to spend money but to save is a habit all must imbibe. Our key objective is to encourage our customers to save regularly. We are here to support our customers and to encourage them to save as well.”

Anele urged other customers to take advantage of the subsequent opportunities the last quarterly draw will offer.

The Group Head, Transaction and Electronic Banking, Sampson Aneke, who also spoke at the event said,  “There is no better time to give back and delight customers than this challenging economic period where people need all the support they can get to make life more meaningful. With this in mind we decided to prioritise our customers as we always do at UBA by giving them plenty to cheer about and that is the reason why another 20 customers have been made millionaires today.

Aneke noted that the promo is consistent with the bank’s novel initiatives in prioritizing customers, and said it was necessitated by the invaluable belief the Bank has in its customers.

“We will continue to listen and give them nothing short of the best that they deserve. UBA will not relent, because we are impressed with the impact this has made so far and will continue to touch the lives of our loyal customers positively,” he explained.

The criteria for qualifying for the draw is to save at least N30,000 in a UBA savings account or in instalments of N10,000 each for a period of three months. Those yet to be UBA customers can open a savings account on any of the numerous bank channels, including Magic Banking (*919*20#) and LEO, or in any of the UBA branches across the country, and start saving to stand a chance of winning.

United Bank for Africa Plc is a leading pan-African financial services group, operating in 20 African countries, as well as the United Kingdom, the United States of America and with presence in France.

UBA was incorporated in Nigeria as a limited liability company after taking over the assets of the British and French Bank Limited who had been operating in Nigeria since 1949. The United Bank for Africa merged with Standard Trust Bank in 2005 and from a single country operation founded in 1949 in Nigeria – Africa’s largest economy – UBA has become one of the leading providers of banking and other financial services on the African continent. The Bank which was awarded the Best Digital Bank in Africa by the Euromoney awards in 2018, provides services to over 17 million customers globally, through one of the most diverse service channels in sub-Saharan Africa, with over 1,000 branches and customer touch points and robust online and mobile banking platforms.

The shares of UBA are publicly traded on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the Bank has a well-diversified shareholder base, which includes foreign and local institutional investors, as well as individual shareholders.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

news

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

Published

on

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

 

As Muslims all over the world begins the 30 days compulsory fasting and prayer today,top Fuji Musician Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido has congratulates them for witnessing another month of Ramadan.

 

Akanni advised them to follow the teachings of the the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) which is peaceful co existence among themselves and their neighbor ‘because Islam is Religion of peace”.

 

He said the month of Ramadan is an holy month therefore Muslims should try as much as they can to maintain peaceful coexistence among themselves and others and that they should see themselves as ambassador of peace.

 

While praying for Nigeria,Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido said he believes that there will be an economic turnaround soon because what’s is happening now are signs of thought times that never last “if we can pecevere things will get better”.

 

The Scorpido crooner who recently released a hip hop single titled “Magbelo” said he is currently working on a complete album which will be released before the end of the year.

 

Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido whose last album ‘ABCD” is still in hot demand said that his next album will be a pot pouri of all kinds of music because his brand of Fuji music is a blend Fuji , Hip-hop,Apala ,Highlife and others.

Continue Reading

society

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

Published

on

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

 

The Ajiran community of Lagos State erupted in a powerful protest on Tuesday as local youths took to the streets to express their grief and anger over the tragic murders of Prince Ademola Akintoye and Sherrif Agboworin. The demonstration follows the recent decision to reopen the murder case, an investigation that has already led to the arrest of over nine suspects in connection with the heinous crimes committed more than a year ago.

Carrying vibrant banners and poignant posters featuring the faces of the deceased, the protesters marched through the heart of their community while singing somber dirges to honor their memory. With chants of unity and justice ringing in the air, they called on both the Lagos State Government and the Lagos State Police Command to ensure that those responsible are swiftly and decisively brought to justice.

The youth leaders emphasized that peace and normalcy will remain elusive in Ajiran until all those complicit in the killings are held accountable. They articulated that true justice is the only way to restore tranquility and honor the lives of Akintoye and Agboworin, whom they described as innocent victims of a grave injustice.

Speaking on behalf of the demonstrators, youth leader Mr. Kehinde Oladele urged law enforcement to conduct a thorough and fair investigation. He asserted that every individual involved including the nine arrested suspects must face the full extent of the law. Especially Hammed Tajudeen, the principal suspect mentioned by others in custody, whom they believe should not escape scrutiny.

“The reopening of this case after more than a year is a critical first step towards achieving justice and fairness for our brothers,” Oladele said. “We urge the police to get to the root of the matter. Those mentioned during the investigation, especially Hammed Tajudeen, should not be spared.”

The atmosphere in the community grew increasingly tense last week following speculation that prominent businessman Aare Bashir Olawale Fakorede was implicated in the unrest. The speculation appeared to stem from his alleged influence on the reopening of the murder investigation. This misunderstanding escalated when a group of protesters targeted his filling station in Ikate, vandalizing his properties and disrupting business operations in the gas station based on the false assumption that Fakorede was behind the police’s renewed inquiries.

In response to the rising tensions and misinformation, Fakorede’s spokesperson, Ola Muhammed, issued a comprehensive statement denying any connection between Fakorede and the unrest. The spokesperson emphasized that rumors suggesting the businessman orchestrated the revival of the murder case were completely unfounded.

“I feel it is crucial to clarify, for the sake of transparency and historical accuracy, that this entire ordeal is in no way related to me,” Fakorede stated. “I am also very interested to see that the culprits are brought to book. I categorically affirm that I have never been involved in any business dealings with Mr. Hammed Tajudeen.”

Fakorede further elaborated that the recent protests which led to the destruction of his property were reportedly instigated by Tajudeen and others who seem determined to manipulate the narrative and cast suspicion upon him. Fakorede expressed his own strong commitment to uncovering the truth surrounding the deaths.

As the police investigation progresses, it has become increasingly apparent that all accusing fingers are pointing to Hammed Tajudeen who is currently evading capture, adding another layer of complexity and urgency to the ongoing situation. Community members have questioned why he remains at large instead of submitting himself to the police for questioning if he is truly innocent of the allegations against him.

Community leaders are now emphasizing the need for dialogue to address the root causes of the unrest and work toward restoring harmony within Ajiran, even as the demand for justice remains at the forefront of public consciousness.

Continue Reading

society

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

Published

on

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

 

As the holy month of Ramadan begins across the globe, the Chief Executive Officer of Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Limited, Dr. Abdulmajeed Oladele, has extended his heartfelt greetings to Muslims worldwide.

In his message, the respected business mogul expressed gratitude to Almighty Allah for the privilege of witnessing this year’s sacred month.

“We glorify Allah for granting us the grace and opportunity to witness this year’s month of blessings. Ramadan is a sacred and special month for all Muslims, a month greater than many others, filled with piety, mercy, and abundant blessings.

I congratulate all Muslims across the world. Let us faithfully observe the requirements of Ramadan. May Allah (SWT) grant our heart’s desires and make this period easy and rewarding for us all.”

Dr. Oladele urged Muslims to embrace the spiritual significance of Ramadan through devotion, charity, self-discipline, and prayers for peace and prosperity.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending