Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Friday congratulated the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Governor-elect of Osun State, Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, for winning the keenly contested governorship election in the State.
Oyetola was declared as governor-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) at the end of Thursday’s supplementary election in seven wards, polling a total of 255,505 votes to defeat his closest rival and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke, who scored 255,023 votes.
Governor Ambode, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Habib Aruna said it was a well deserved victory as the people of Osun had made a choice to vote for continuity and experience, which he said Oyetola represents.
He congratulated the All Progressives Congress (APC) for yet another victory, saying it was a confirmation that the people still have confidence in the programme and policies of the party not only in Osun but also across the country.
He also commended the people of Osun State for comporting themselves during the exercise, noting that despite the inconclusive election on September 22, voters defied the heavy downpour to come out en masse to exercise their franchise during the supplementary election.
“The election has been deservedly won. The good people of Osun have chosen quality continuity over uncertainty. I have no doubt in my mind that the Governor-elect will bring his wealth of experience to bear and continue with the good works of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, call for unity and take Osun to greater heights,” Governor Ambode said.
He also urged those aggrieved with the result to channel their grievances to the appropriate quarters rather than resort to self help.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS