National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and other members of Governor’s Advisory Council, (GAC) on Sunday resolved the conflict between Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and Lagos State House of Assembly.
The resolution was at a Special Governor’s Advisory Committee (GAC) meeting in Marina, Lagos.
Speaking after the closed door meeting, APC national leader emphasised the need for communication and consensus-building. He reminded all parties that conflict is no more in the democratic process but what is important is the need to develop and harness institutions.
In his words: “We looked at the source of the conflict, which is normal in a democracy, and that is why there are also conflict-resolution mechanisms. We examined the grievances on both sides.
“As leaders, we also looked into areas where there has to be compromise. In order to build institutions and encourage consensus building, we have to do what is right.
“There is no impeachment. Let there be more communication and consensus-building and understanding. All these are inbuilt in the democratic system,” Tinubu said.
Another speaker at the meeting, Tajudeen Olusi, called for the executive and legislature to work together.
In his words: “Conflict is an institutional part of the governance. the Executive/Legislature must work together. We have reached a decision that they must work together amicably. And very soon, both the Legislature and the Executive must resolve the grey areas in their relationship.”
Ambode, his deputy, Dr (Mrs.) Idiat Adebule, Speaker Mudashiru Obasa, his deputy, Wasiu Esinlokun and Lagos central Leader, Prince Tajudeen Olusi attended the meeting.
Source: Tvc news
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship