Connect with us

Business

Avista Beach Advisory to Fun Seekers to Avert Mishaps…

Published

on

Avista Beach Advisory to Fun Seekers to Avert Mishaps...

Avista Beach Advisory to Fun Seekers to Avert Mishaps…

 

 

The management of Nigeria’s leading hospitality destination, Avista Beach Resort in Lekki, recently cleared of all rumours of wrong doing in the unfortunate circumstance of the death of a fun seeker, has issued an advisory to keep all beach users safe, if followed to the letter.

Speaking on behalf of the popular Avista Beach Resort, the manager, Nosa Adun said, “If caution had been exercised and the warning signs at the beach front were followed by the young man and his friends, the tragedy would have been totally averted. At night, beach tides usually rise and get colder and stronger. Even if you are a good swimmer, it is risky to get into the sea at night.

“However, we wish to express our heartfelt condolence to the family and friends of the deceased over the tragic incident that occurred the Saturday after Valentine’s Day at the beach, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time” Adun said.

A grossly misinformed phone recorded video posted on social media a few days after Valentine’s Day had alleged that the fun seeker who was reported missing had been kidnapped and his body parts mutilated by ritualists, even when at the time he was still missing.

Preliminary police investigation has however revealed that contrary to claims made in the hurried video that the deceased had lodged at the resort, himself and 14 other youthful friends had instead lodged in another hotel close by and only spent about 90 minutes at the resort from 7.30pm to 9.00 pm.

Upon receiving a call the next day from Barracuda Beach, which is about 6 kilometres away from Avista Beach Resort, the police drove down to recover the body and confirmed he had drowned and his body parts were untouched and intact. Apparently, the cold ocean waves had washed his body ashore so far away from the resort.

It is commendable to note that the Lagos State Safety Commission, upon hearing news of the mishap, had immediately swung into action; initially sealed up the resort to investigate the matter, but later re-opened it after facts emerged that all safety measures were adhered to at Avista Beach Resort. 

Below are excerpts from the official media statement made by the management of Avista Beach Resort has been in circulation since its February 22, 2024 release date.

[Italics] Given the seriousness of the matter, it is very imperative for us to correct some misconception and misrepresentation of facts in the media space. The deceased, accompanied by 14 others, including his girlfriend, arrived for an evening at our resort and they were given access to our resort because they came with hand tags from the hotel next to our resort. They brought their own foods and beverages, which was against our policy, but were eventually allowed to bring in the items after so much pleading.

The deceased and his friends sat at one of our cabanas, decided to proceed further to the beach front despite signages that clearly advised caution due to the absence of lifeguards particularly at night when tidal currents may vary.

At 9.00 pm while they were bound to return to their hotel, they realized that the deceased was not amongst them, they went back to the beach front to search for him but couldn’t find him, and left the resort without seeing him.

The following morning, the family returned with law enforcement officers, alleging that their brother had been kidnapped by Avista. The accusations are unfounded and regrettable. At Avista, we remain committed to upholding the highest standards of safety and security as a leading brand in the hospitality industry. 

Currently, the matter is still under investigation by the Nigerian police. The body will undergo a thorough autopsy. While we await the conclusion of the inquiry, we will vigorously pursue legal action against any party engaged in defamatory or malicious publications or behaviour to ensure that justice is served.

Avista Beach Resort aka ‘the coolest beach in Lagos’ was founded in 2020 and designed to compare favourably with some of the most patronized beach resorts in the world as a family vacation destination. “Beyond the sea ambience and experience, our guests enjoy nature, great cuisines and very comfortable accommodation in a very secured environment” its manager, Adun said. 

 

Avista Beach Advisory to Fun Seekers to Avert Mishaps...

Sahara weekly online is published by First Sahara weekly international. contact saharaweekly@yahoo.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Business

GGAN Lauds President Tinubu, Kyari’s Reforms on Food Security

Published

on

***Says Decrease in Prices of Food Commodities Good Sign for a Better Nigeria

 

The Good Governance Advocates of Nigeria (GGAN) has commended President Bola Tinubu and Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, Abubakar Kyari, for their efforts in transforming Nigeria’s agricultural sector.

In a statement signed by its national president, Comrade Gideon Unazi, the group hailed the administration’s commitment to driving economic growth and positioning Nigeria as a key player in regional and global food markets.

According to Unazi, the country’s gradual shift from subsistence farming to a robust agribusiness ecosystem is a significant step towards empowering farmers and fostering private sector-led growth.

He noted that the declaration of a state of emergency on agriculture, temporary suspension of tariffs on imported grains and essential food items and other reforms have yielded positive results.

Unazi added: “The collaboration with international development institutions such as the African Development Bank, the World Bank, and the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has also been instrumental in driving growth in the agricultural sector.

“The lifting of the ban on importation of food across land borders, the firming up of the Naira, and the reported pausing of bulk purchase of grains that UN and US agencies distribute to IDP camps have all contributed to the recent decline in food prices.

“The election of Kyari as the Vice Chairman of the Governing Council of the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is a testament to Nigeria’s leadership in global agricultural transformation.

“This recognition is a clear indication that the country is on the right path towards achieving food security and sustainable agricultural development.

“The Ministry’s efforts to distribute over 2.1 million bags of fertilizers to farmers and provide food aid to flood-affected communities have been particularly noteworthy. These initiatives have not only improved agricultural productivity but also provided relief to vulnerable populations.”

Unazi said the recent decline in food prices is a significant achievement and proof of the Federal Government’s efforts, with prices of some grains crashing by as much as 40% in the past month.

The statement stated: “The recent decline in food prices is a significant achievement, with prices of some grains crashing by as much as 40% in the past few weeks.

“The prices of beans, yam, rice, tomatoes, and garri have all declined, ranging from 10% to 70%. This trend is expected to continue, bringing relief to millions of Nigerians who have been struggling with high food prices.

“According to reports, the prices of major raw food items have declined significantly. Aljazeera reported that the prices of some grains crashed by as much as 40% in the past few weeks.

“BusinessDay highlighted a noticeable fall in the prices of beans, yam, rice, tomatoes, and garri, ranging from a decline of 23% for imported rice to 70% for tomatoes.

“The GGAN wishes to commend President Tinubu and Kyari for their leadership and vision in driving growth in the agricultural sector. We urge the administration to continue its efforts to drive economic growth and reduce poverty.

“We also call on all stakeholders to support the government’s initiatives aimed at achieving food security and sustainable agricultural development. With the current trend of declining food prices, we are optimistic that Nigeria is on the path to becoming a food-secure nation.”

Continue Reading

Business

Between Primate Ayodele and Sacked NNPC Boss, Mele Kyari, Who Laughs Last?

Published

on

Between Primate Ayodele and Sacked NNPC Boss, Mele Kyari, Who Laughs Last?

By Shina Dayo

 

“Primate Ayodele may have taken sides in the ongoing misunderstanding in the nation’s hydrocarbon community. Using his platform to rally support for the oil cabal, he sends message to the President, who was not visible in his vission in 2023. Fortunately President Tinubu knows Primate Ayodele better than Kyari”, these were the words of Olabode, one of the defenders of the sacked NNPC Boss, Mele Kyari when Primate Ayodele told President Tinubu to sack him for incompetence.

Primate Ayodele had in August 2024 called on President Tinubu to replace the NNPCL Boss, Mele Kyari, due to the issues in the oil sector. The prophet had said that if President Tinubu doesn’t replace him, Nigeria’s oil sector will continue to be disorganized, and a continued crisis in the oil sector would lead to protests against the government.

These were his words:

“One of the major important things Tinubu should do if he wants to see the prayers of Nigerians. He should sack the GMD of the NNPC. If it is possible, he should be sacked before the end of this month; otherwise,another big protest is coming. This protest can sack Tinubu and can make Tinubu’s government ungovernable. If he doesn’t do this urgently, Tinubu would put himself into the hot pot. Sack the NNPC. There is a lot of rot in the NNPC. Protest not yet over. I’m seeing another protest that would seize the economy for 120 hours.”

This statement, which was contained in a video that went viral obviously didn’t sit well with the camp of the sacked NNPCL group CEO and in retaliation, they began to sponsor several publications against Primate Ayodele.

Among some of their publications were cooked up lies against the personality of the prophet, calling him different unprintable names, referring to him as one whose clients are oil bunkerers, twisting his past prophecies just to say they didn’t come to pass, and all sort of things.

Even when some followers of the prophet debunked some of their lies against the man of God, individuals in the camp of Mele Kyari went all out, paying several blogs to peddle false stories against Primate Ayodele. They even warned him to desist from mentioning Mele Kyari in his prophecies, but Primate Ayodele didn’t flinch.

Instead of listening to their rants, Primate Ayodele continued to warn President Tinubu to sack Mele Kyari, not because of personal issues but in the interest of Nigeria and what God has told him about the administration of the NNPCL boss. Due to his continued clamour for Kyari’s sack, his ‘boys’ thought the prophet had any relationship with oil cabals in the country, they tried to investigate him but found absolutely nothing. The prophet was only doing his job as God’s mouthpiece in the country.

One would have thought that as he advised President Tinubu to sack Mele Kyari, they would have at least sought spiritual guidance on how they can make things right for the good of Nigeria’s oil sector in order to avoid the embarrassment of being removed from office but rather, they started boasting of how the President will not listen to Primate Ayodele, listing the achievements of Mele Kyari including those that didn’t even benefit Nigeria, they were saying all sort of things to discredit Primate Ayodele.

However, months after, Mele Kyari has now been sacked by President Tinubu, alongside all members of the NNPCL Boss with replacements announced immediately.

I have just one question for the Mele Kyari’s camp, where has all the boastings now gotten them to? Primate Ayodele remains a major prophetic voice in Nigeria but what has Mele Kyari become? A sacked NNPCL Boss who may even face more persecutions. If there’s one thing these folks need to take away from this issue is the fact that pride goes before destruction.

“He who laughs last laughs longest”

Continue Reading

Bank

STERLING BANK LEADS PROTEST FOR REMOVAL OF BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

Published

on

STERLING BANK LEADS PROTEST FOR REMOVAL OF BANK TRANSFER CHARGES

 

LAGOS, NIGERIA – In a landmark move that sets a new benchmark for customer-focused
banking in Nigeria, Sterling Bank has championed the cancellation of bank transfer fees by major banks, announcing it will no longer take any money for itself for any local online transactions by its customers.

The announcement, made on April 1st, initially sparked widespread arguments, with many
assuming it was a marketing prank tied to April Fools’ Day. However, Sterling has confirmed that this is no stunt: the zero-transfer-fee policy is real, and effective immediately.

With this move, Sterling becomes the first major Nigerian bank to take a definitive stand against the long-standing practice of charging customers for everyday digital transfers, an issue that has grown increasingly contentious as digital banking adoption deepens.

“We believe access to your own money shouldn’t come with a penalty,” said Obinna
Ukachukwu, Growth Executive leading the Consumer and Business Banking Directorate. “This is more than a financial decision, it’s a values-based one. It reflects our commitment to making banking fair, inclusive, and truly customer focused.”

“We’re not yet the biggest bank in Nigeria, but we’ve been the boldest,” Ukachukwu added. “Sterling fearlessly believes in the future of Nigeria, and this is us backing Nigerians with more than words.”

Under the new policy, Sterling customers will enjoy free transfers for all local transactions
conducted via the bank’s mobile app. This translates into significant savings, particularly for individuals and new small business owners who make frequent daily transfers.

This customer-first orientation is not new for Sterling. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the bank stood out by providing supplementary payments to healthcare workers in public hospitals—at a time when few others were willing or able to offer additional support. From that moment to now, Sterling has continued to redefine what it means to be a responsible and responsive institution.

The bank’s latest move has been met with widespread public approval, sparking positive
reactions across social media and placing pressure on industry peers to follow suit.

We’re proud to lead this change,” Ukachukwu added. “We hope it inspires others to think
differently about what customers truly need from their banks, not just in services, but in values.”

Online communities were not excluded as WhatsApp Nigeria lit up with viral broadcasts as users forwarded the news across various groups, including one from a prayer circle that read: “Please my good people this is not a joke!!! Sterling Bank has just shocked Nigeria today o!! My neighbour Justina just transferred N100k and no charges!!! God bless Sterling Bank!!”. The message quickly gained traction, sparking massive public interest and mounting pressure on other banks to follow suit.

Sterling’s zero-fee policy is part of a broader strategy to transform the customer experience and deliver transparent, ethical banking solutions at scale.

 

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending