By Ifeoma ikem
Bobnel Child Support Foundation, BCSF, has appealed to the government, corporate bodies, kindhearted individuals and other relevant organizations to support the foundation in its drive to alleviate the pains among the less privileged, physically challenged and vulnerable children in the country.
BCSF founder/Executive Director, Mrs Cornelia Udoenoh, who made the appeal during its 20th anniversary/fundraiser to launch an orphanage Bobnel world-class Centre, said one of the major challenges faced by special and less-privilege children in our society is the inability to access basic shelter and care.
“Today’s launching is an occasion for great joy. We want to take off the streets and provide a proper home for the physically challenged and less privileged.
Hence our aim of completing the Bobnel World-class Centre that will alleviate and bring about and all-round change in their lives. “We have touched the lives of many children; it is our wish to cover all the states of Nigeria.”
Mrs Udoenoh explained that the foundation which birthed on November 16, 1999 through divine revelation and her daughter’s insistence to celebrate her birthday with less privileged at Modupe Memorial Homes,Yaba, has since impacted many lives in society far exceeding the management’s expectations.
Corroborating, chairperson Mrs Oduenyi Okonkwo, who expressed elation at the launching, commended the Bobnel Team and supporters for “giving hope for a better tomorrow” by their commitment over the years and urged everyone to key into the project by donating most generously to actualize it soonest.
“Proverbs 19:17 reminds us that when you give to the poor it is like lending to the Lord, and the Lord will pay you back.”
Guest speaker, Mr Ogie Eboigbe, who spoke on the topic, ‘Charity as a way of life and living,’ defined it as generosity or giving help to the poor, sick or helpless persons, a duty and mandatory command of God to man.
While vouchsaving the integrity of the project, he said one could be charitable in various ways such as “donating our time, giving to the needy, visiting the sick, listening to the depressed and those hurting.”
Meanwhile, the event which was graced by numerous dignitaries and children from various Orphanage home, witnessed the presentation of Awards of excellence to deserving people and cutting of cake amongst others.
Cover Of The Week
- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and Awash Bank Partnership Expands $6.4 Million in Credit Opportunities to Agriculture Enterprises in Ethiopia December 13, 2019
- Kenya & Tanzania: Over 3 million people to benefit from African Development Bank’s €345 million road construction support December 13, 2019
- New ambassadors from Egypt, Kosovo and Montenegro December 13, 2019
- The Republic of Kenya’s National Day December 13, 2019
- Immediate action needed as millions face hunger in Southern Africa, warns the Red Cross December 12, 2019
- India condemns terrorist attack in Niger December 12, 2019
- Aswan Forum 2019: UNDP’s experts discuss interlinkages between sustaining peace and development in Africa December 12, 2019
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and International Organization for Migration (IOM): Over 5,000 Somali Refugees Voluntarily Returned Home from Yemen Since 2017 December 12, 2019
- CORRECTION - African Development Fund (ADF)-15 replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 12, 2019
- 25th United Nations Climate Change conference (COP 25): ‘Africa’s future depends on solidarity’ Leaders and development partners rally around climate change goals December 12, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .