One occupant of the plane carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson has been seen in the underwater wreckage.
A search on Sunday found the Piper Malibu plane on the seabed off Guernsey, almost two weeks after it went missing. The Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) confirmed the sighting on Monday morning adding that it was now considering the next steps.
The “substantial amount of wreckage” of the plane, which went missing on January 21st, was found on Sunday morning after a privately-funded search was started. The flight was carrying Argentine striker Sala and pilot David Ibbotson from Nantes, north west France, to Cardiff after Sala completed his £15m move to Cardiff City.
In a statement the AAIB said: “the remotely operated vehicle (ROV) carried out a further search of the area overnight, but did not identify any additional pieces of wreckage. Tragically, in video footage from the ROV, one occupant is visible amidst the wreckage. The AAIB is now considering the next steps, in consultation with the families of the pilot and passenger, and the police.”
Oceanographer and marine scientist David Mearns confirmed the wreckage had been found on Sunday after “a couple of hours” of searching the seabed.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS