Interestingly, barely 72hours to the final judgement of the Ogun State governorship petition election, the state Labour Party has withdrawn its petition against the victory of the Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun at the Supreme Court.
THE ENCOUNTER NEWS exclusively gathered that, the LP’s decision came following the peace deal brokered by Dapo Abiodun’s lead counsel at the tribunal, Prof. Taiwo Osipitan, SAN.
The Labour Party and its governorship candidate, Ms Modupe Sanyaolu in a Supreme Court appeal number SC/1088/2019 had approached the apex court to invalidate the election of Dapo Abiodun held on March 9, 2019.
But an insider source closed to the first respondent, Dapo Abiodun hinted that, immediately the truce was brokered between the two parties by Prof. Osipitan, the Labour Party’s lawyer, Monday Mawah filed withdrawal suit at the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Confirming the development, the state Labour Party chairman, Com. Abayomi Arabambi Abayomi during a telephone interview, explained that both parties agreed to settle out of court after a peaceful meeting was conveyed by the lead counsel to the first respondent, Prof. Taiwo Osinpinta, SAN.
Arabambi who described Abiodun as a “child of destiny” said there is a need to allow the Governor to concentrate on how to deliver good governance to the people of the state.
He said “The peace parley was brokered by the lead counsel to the first respondent, Prof. Taiwo Osinpinta, SAN on behalf of the Governor, Dapo Abiodun.
“The Governorship candidate of Labour party in the March 9, Governorship election, Modupeola Sanyaolu and I, the State Chairman Of Labour party in Ogun State who also double as the Chairman inter party advisory council (IPAC) in the state, Com. Abayomi Arabambi have withdrawn our petition against the Governor from the supreme court.
“Yes, I want to confirm the development, after due consultation with the national leadership of our party, the party has resolved to follow the voice of reason to allow the ‘Child of Destiny’ Dapo Abiodun to deliver good Governance to the Ogun people.”
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .