Interestingly, barely 72hours to the final judgement of the Ogun State governorship petition election, the state Labour Party has withdrawn its petition against the victory of the Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun at the Supreme Court.
THE ENCOUNTER NEWS exclusively gathered that, the LP’s decision came following the peace deal brokered by Dapo Abiodun’s lead counsel at the tribunal, Prof. Taiwo Osipitan, SAN.
The Labour Party and its governorship candidate, Ms Modupe Sanyaolu in a Supreme Court appeal number SC/1088/2019 had approached the apex court to invalidate the election of Dapo Abiodun held on March 9, 2019.
But an insider source closed to the first respondent, Dapo Abiodun hinted that, immediately the truce was brokered between the two parties by Prof. Osipitan, the Labour Party’s lawyer, Monday Mawah filed withdrawal suit at the Supreme Court on Tuesday.
Confirming the development, the state Labour Party chairman, Com. Abayomi Arabambi Abayomi during a telephone interview, explained that both parties agreed to settle out of court after a peaceful meeting was conveyed by the lead counsel to the first respondent, Prof. Taiwo Osinpinta, SAN.
Arabambi who described Abiodun as a “child of destiny” said there is a need to allow the Governor to concentrate on how to deliver good governance to the people of the state.
He said “The peace parley was brokered by the lead counsel to the first respondent, Prof. Taiwo Osinpinta, SAN on behalf of the Governor, Dapo Abiodun.
“The Governorship candidate of Labour party in the March 9, Governorship election, Modupeola Sanyaolu and I, the State Chairman Of Labour party in Ogun State who also double as the Chairman inter party advisory council (IPAC) in the state, Com. Abayomi Arabambi have withdrawn our petition against the Governor from the supreme court.
“Yes, I want to confirm the development, after due consultation with the national leadership of our party, the party has resolved to follow the voice of reason to allow the ‘Child of Destiny’ Dapo Abiodun to deliver good Governance to the Ogun people.”
23 Year Old Mother Stabs hubby to death
EvaluatePR 14th Edition kicks off in September
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Cover Of The Week
- UNMISS visits conflict-ridden Tonj East area to build trust and confidence September 17, 2019
- Second UK-Morocco Strategic Dialogue held in Rabat September 17, 2019
- UAE rescues people affected by floods in Al Jazeerah, Sudan September 17, 2019
- Reynders and De Croo confirm the revitalization of diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) September 17, 2019
- Vibrant discussions take place around Kenya's African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) strategy September 17, 2019
- Escalation of violence in Birao September 17, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo conducts national consultation on the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) September 17, 2019
- “SHORRT” drug-resistant Tuberculosis (TB) treatment on cards September 17, 2019
- Ghana Cocoa Trade Syndication Signing Ceremony September 17, 2019
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Meets Secretary General of Madagascar Presidency September 17, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS