· Sixth Year of Programme and Tenth Anniversary of Foundation see Significant Enhancements to the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme
· Creating a Personalised Entrepreneurship Journey for Applicants and Greatly Increased Access to Programme and Knowledge Base
· Applications made through TEFConnect, Africa’s largest digital entrepreneurship network
Image Caption – Tony O. Elumelu, CON, Founder, Tony Elumelu Foundation and Dr. Awele Elumelu, Trustee, Tony Elumelu Foundation surrounded by African Entrepreneurs at the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Forum.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) has opened its application portal (www.tefconnect.com) for applications from African entrepreneurs across all African countries, for the 2020 cohort of the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme. In 2019, 3,050 African entrepreneurs benefited from the Programme, a number which will meaningfully increase in 2020.
The TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open to startup entrepreneurs, with innovative business ideas or businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years, in any sector, from across Africa. The Programme is the $100 million commitment by African investor and philanthropist, Tony O. Elumelu to empower 10,000 entrepreneurs in 10 years, with the goal of creating millions of jobs and new revenue on the continent. The programme implements Mr Elumelu’s Africapitalism philosophy, which positions the private sector as the catalyst for African economic transformation, and an investment approach that values the creation of both social and economic wealth.
In commemoration of its 10th year anniversary, the Foundation will announce further enhancements to the Programme, providing additional benefits to Africa’s rapidly growing youth demographic. The changes in the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme emphasise a personalised entrepreneurship journey for every applicant and opening the platform to ensure a higher number of people trained, amplifying the Programme’s impact and reach. In just five years, the Programme has empowered over 9,000 beneficiaries from all 54 African countries, with training, mentorship and seed funding.
Speaking at the launch of the 2020 TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu, CEO of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, said: “The transformation of Africa begins with empowering our young African entrepreneurs. With the recent enhancements made to our Programme and our growing list of partners, the Tony Elumelu Foundation is significantly increasing its impact across the continent. We encourage all startup African entrepreneurs across the 54 African countries to apply for the Programme, as we continue to empower the very best ideas that will create the much needed employment and revenue on the continent”.
The multilingual Application Portal is open on TEFConnect.com, the digital networking platform for African entrepreneurs, from January 1 to March 1, 2020.
Cover Of The Week
- USAID launches ‘Water for Agriculture’ Activity promotes livelihoods for farmers in the Northeast January 22, 2020
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF), and CITI Foundation team up to invest in Young African Social Entrepreneurs January 22, 2020
- Canon Secures Two New Partnerships Underlining Commitment to Egyptian Market January 22, 2020
- Chinese and Sierra Leonean Friends Celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year Together January 22, 2020
- South Africa's International Relations and Cooperation Ministry Receives Copy of Credentials of Qatari Ambassador January 22, 2020
- Afro-disruption: 6 reasons to book for BizTrendsLIVE!2020 January 22, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Lieutenant General Daniel Sidiki Traoré of Burkina Faso as Force Commander of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic January 22, 2020
- Talented squad named for South Africa (SA) Rugby Academy alignment camp January 22, 2020
- Minister hails UK-Morocco future January 22, 2020
- UK aid contributes £3 million to help feed Burundian refugees in Rwanda January 22, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria