Lagos, January 6, 2020 – Ecobank Nigeria has complied with the Central Bank of Nigeria’s recent directive on the reduction of bank charges. The bank commended the CBN for taking bold steps to further strengthen the financial inclusion drive in the country. It will be recalled that in October 2019, Ecobank announced the elimination of session charges on its USSD platform – *326#, months prior to the new CBN directive. Customers using *326# for their transactions such as inter and intra bank funds transfers, bill payments, airtime top-up, balance enquiry etc. can do so at zero session fees.
Further to the removal of the session charges, Patrick Akinwuntan, Managing Director, Ecobank Nigeria, advocated stakeholder buy-in to make banking more affordable and accessible to all. He noted that lower charges would encourage the unbanked to adopt structured financial services, thereby driving financial inclusion and economic growth. Ecobank has been at the forefront of the campaign for inclusive, affordable banking. Anyone, regardless of their social class, can open the Ecobank Xpress Account with Zero Naira, from any phone type, simply by dialing *326#. The account opening process is fully “do it yourself” without any documentation or paperwork.
The Managing Director, in his new year message to customers, stated that “Our removal of session charges on Ecobank *326# well ahead of the recent downward review of charges on digital transactions by the Central Bank of Nigeria further demonstrates our commitment to delivering more savings to our customers, making banking with Ecobank more delightful in the new year and beyond”
In the same vein, it must be noted that Ecobank also offers EcobankPay which is a cashless easy-to-make-payment service at over 100,000 merchant locations in over 50 markets in Nigeria whilst Ecobank’s proprietary money transfer service, Rapidtransfer, offers Africans living in the diaspora the option of sending money home to their loved ones at minimal fees relative to competition. Ecobank Xpress Point Agents have also been deployed by the bank to bring banking to every neighbourhood in Nigeria. At the corporate level, Ecobank Online, Ecobank OMNIPLUS and Ecobank OMNILITE provide easy payment and collection services to customers.
Ecobank has reiterated its resolve to delight its customers better this new year by delivering exceptional service, products and solutions.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: A breakdown of cases by state May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 313 new cases of COVID-19 May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Testing of samples from truck drivers, community and contacts is still ongoing May 25, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) training conducted by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Team May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Status Update for COVID-19 (24 May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (24th May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (24 May 2020) May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update, 24 May 2020 May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed cases stand at 1214 May 24, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (108,109) deaths (3,260), and recoveries (42,937) May 24, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news2 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award