The Lagos State Government has urged occupants of marked distressed buildings across the State to immediately vacate them pending the arrival of the demolition team of Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA).
Also, relief and resettlement centres have been opened to accommodate those affected.
Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Prince Rotimi Ogunleye made the appeal just as a distressed three-storey building located on 50, Kakawa Street, Campos, Lagos Island collapsed on Monday without any casualty.
Ogunleye said, “The building in question had been identified as distressed by the officers of the LASBCA and all the necessary statutory notices had been duly served. It was one of the defective structures marked for removal by the Agency.
“Fortunately, occupants had been evacuated before the incidents occurred. Immediately, the Lagos State Rescue Team and LASBCA were alerted and they moved to site promptly to check all adjoining buildings so as to evacuate the occupants to avoid any further hazards.”
Already 25 buildings have been removed by LASBCA as the Government has stepped up measures to rid the State of distressed buildings so as to prevent loss of lives and property due to sudden collapse in the State.
ASST. DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS
MINISTRY OF PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT
SANWO-OLU’S CABINET ENDS RETREATS, PLEDGES COMMITMENT TO GREATER LAGOS VISION
ABIODUN PARLEYS WITH CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS TUESDAY
PROF. BANJI AKINTOYE: THE NEW LEADER OF YORUBA NATION
Prof Banji Akintoye to address Media on Leadership Issue in Yoruba Land
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others