By Ifeoma Ikem
Following the murder of police admin officer recently at Ijanikin area of Lagos state, command parade 2 siblings with 2 other suspects
The siblings, Akinwale Bamido 23yrs old and Olanrewaju Bamido 22yrs old, were crying uncontrollably over the alleged killing of the admin officer.
“We were in the house when police came to arrest us that we killed the adim officer”.
According to Olanrewaju, “I work as barman in a hotel. I did not have time for work throughtout the week only a day off. I just came back from work when police arrested and my elder brother and I”. “I am struggling to go back to school, working as barman is not okay. My parents are poor but we are contented”
Sahara weekly learnt that the admin officer was killed in attacks by cult members during a birthday party the officer hosted for his girlfriend who is a member of the opposite cult group .
While briefing the pressmen, CP Zubairu Muazu, the Lagos state commissioner, said that the suspects were arrested after a distress call was placed to Ijanikin Police Station that some armed robbers were sighted robbing unsuspecting victims of valuables.
“Patrol teams from Ijanikin Police Station and the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS), Mowo mobilised to the scene and four suspects were arrested.
“One locally made gun with seven live cartridges, weeds suspected to be Indian hemp and criminal charms were recovered from them.
“During interogation, the suspects confessed to belong to the syndicate that recently killed the admin officer, Ijanikin division, ASP Akinde Abiodun.
“Investigation revealed that the suspects are among the robbery gangs terrorising motorists along Badagry-mile 12 area of Lagos.
Suspects will be charged to court for conspiracy, armed robbery and murder.
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Alleged Youngest Billionaire, Tunde Biletiri challenges Huspuppi, Mompha
OGUN REMAINS BEST DESTINATION FOR INVESTORS- ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Restoring cassava farming in Rwanda September 16, 2019
- Restoring Zimbabwe’s Livelihoods, Infrastructure After Cyclone Idai September 16, 2019
- Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship - Visit of Mr Paul Mashatile, Treasurer-General of the African National Congress, Republic of South Africa, 17 to 24 Sep 2019 September 16, 2019
- Merck Foundation provides their first ‘Health Media Training’ in partnership with the First Lady of Zimbabwe September 16, 2019
- U.S. Applauds Janneh Commission Report Release, Pledges to Support Recovery of “Ill-Gotten Gains” September 16, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea’s local services companies continue to attract best international partnerships September 16, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 16, 2019
- Kenya rolls out landmark malaria vaccine introduction September 16, 2019
- Energy Exec Says New Book Billions at Play, Provides Solutions for African Energy Self-Sufficiency September 16, 2019
- Mixed-use is the key to funding hotel development in Africa September 16, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS