celebrity radar - gossips
Cumulative Of Journalists Killed This Year Is 110 – Reporters Without Borders(RSF)
A total of 110 journalists were killed around the world in 2015, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) said on Tuesday, noting that while many died in war zones the majority were killed in supposedly peaceful countries. Sixty-seven journalists were killed in the line of duty this year, the watchdog group said in its annual roundup, listing war-torn Iraq and Syria as most dangerous places for journalists with 11 and 10 fatalities respectively, followed by France, where eight journalists were killed in a jihadist assault on a satirical magazine.
A further 43 journalists around the world died in circumstances that were unclear and 27 non-professional “citizen-journalists” and seven other media workers were also killed, RSF said. The high toll is “largely attributable to deliberate violence against journalists” and demonstrates the failure of initiatives to protect media personnel, the report said, calling for the United Nations to take action.
In particular, the report shed light on the growing role of “non-state groups” — often jihadists such as the Islamic State group — in perpetrating atrocities against journalists. In 2014, it said, two-thirds of the journalists killed were in war zones. But in 2015, it was the exact opposite, with “two-thirds killed in countries ‘at peace’.”
“Non-state groups perpetrate targeted atrocities while too many governments do not comply with their obligations under international law,” RSF Secretary General Christophe Deloire said. “The 110 journalists killed this year need a response that matches the emergency. A special representative of the United Nations secretary-general for the safety of journalists must be appointed without delay.”
The 67 deaths bring to 787 the total number of journalists who were murdered, knowingly targeted or killed in the course of their work since 2005, the Paris-based organisation said. In 2014, there were 66 such fatalities. France was the scene of an unprecedented attack on the press in January, when gunmen opened fire at the offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people, including eight journalists.
“It was an unprecedented tragedy,” RSF said. “A western country had never suffered a massacre of this kind in the past. “Charlie Hebdo’s journalists and employees have been living under close protection ever since. Some of them still have to keep changing their place of residence.” In Syria, the northern town of Aleppo was described as “a minefield” for professional and citizen-journalists alike.
“Caught between the various parties to the conflict since 2011, journalists are liable to end up as collateral victims, being taken hostage by a non-state group (such as Islamic State, the Al Nusra Front or the Free Syrian Army) or being arrested by the Assad regime,” RSF said. Those murdered in Syria included Japanese freelance reporter Kenji Goto, whose execution by the Islamic State group was unveiled in a macabre video in January.
– India ‘deadliest’ Asian country –
The RSF report also singled out India, where nine journalists had been murdered since the start of 2015, some of them for reporting on organised crime and its links with politicians and others for covering illegal mining. India saw five journalists killed in the course of their work and four for uncertain reasons, which is why it ranked below France where the cause of death was known.
“Their deaths confirm India’s position as Asia’s deadliest country for media personnel, ahead of both Pakistan and Afghanistan,” RSF said, urging the Indian government to establish “a national plan for protecting journalists”. In Bangladesh, four secularist bloggers were killed in acts claimed by local jihadists.
“The passivity of the Bangladeshi authorities in the face of this bloodbath has fostered a climate of impunity that is extremely dangerous for citizen journalists,” RSF said. The report also placed the spotlight on 54 journalists who were held hostage at the end of 2015, 26 of them in Syria, and 153 journalists who were in prison, 23 of them in China and 22 in Egypt.
celebrity radar - gossips
Another Feather for Nollywood Icon Fidelis Duker
**Another Feather for Nollywood Icon Fidelis Duker
*Lagos, Nigeria* — In a remarkable celebration of artistic achievement, renowned Nollywood figure Fidelis Duker received yet another prestigious accolade last weekend, solidifying his role as a key player in the growth of the Nigerian and African film industries. The award was presented in a ceremony held at Duker’s Lagos office by esteemed film and theatre director, Mr. Alex Eyengho, founder of the Warri International Film Festival, alongside Marketing and Strategy Director, Mrs. Matel Eyengho.
The recent recognition builds upon Duker’s previous achievement at last year’s ECOFEST in Dakar, where he was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award. This latest accolade is a testament to his unwavering dedication and substantial contributions to the cinematic landscape.
“I am truly humbled by this recognition,” Duker expressed during the event. In his speech, Alex Eyengho lauded Duker’s pioneering efforts in establishing significant film festivals in Nigeria, particularly the Abuja International Film Festival, which has played a vital role in promoting local talent and storytelling.
Eyengho emphasized, “Fidelis has not only paved the way for emerging filmmakers but has also helped elevate Nigerian cinema on the global stage. His creative vision and commitment inspire all of us in the industry.”
As Duker reflects on this honor, he acknowledges the importance of teamwork and collaboration in achieving success. “This acknowledgment reaffirms to my team and me that our work is being observed, and it motivates us to continue contributing to the development of our sector,” he stated.
With numerous projects on the horizon, Duker remains a relentless advocate for the growth and recognition of African cinema. His latest recognition is yet another testament to the vibrant and evolving landscape of Nollywood, as industry leaders like him continue to inspire future generations.
As the film industry anticipates the next phase of development, Duker’s continued influence signals a promising future for filmmakers in Nigeria and across the continent.
celebrity radar - gossips
E‑Money’s Grand Gesture: A Closer Look at the SUV Gift to Chinedu “Aki” Ikedieze
E‑Money’s Grand Gesture: A Closer Look at the SUV Gift to Chinedu “Aki” Ikedieze
By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG
“Public Generosity, Celebrity Loyalty and the Symbolism of Wealth in Nigeria’s Entertainment Elite.”
On Tuesday, February 17, 2026, Nigerian billionaire and entrepreneur Emeka Okonkwo, widely known as E‑Money, once again captured national attention with a lavish and highly publicised act of generosity, gifting a brand‑new 2024/2025 Ford SUV to veteran Nollywood actor Chinedu Ikedieze, affectionately called Aki, during his high‑profile birthday celebration.
The event, held in Lagos amidst a constellation of entertainers, business figures and socialites, was itself part of an annual tradition in which E‑Money marks his birthday (on February 18) with large‑scale giveaways and spectacular shows of material philanthropy. This year, he announced the gift of over 30 cars to friends, staff and family, a gesture that quickly went viral as videos and images circulated across social media platforms.
In the case of Ikedieze, E‑Money’s gift appeared to be deeply personal. During the festivities, E‑Money stood beside his elder brother, Grammy‑nominated musician KCee and recounted how Ikedieze stood by him at his 2007 wedding. The billionaire explained that the SUV was a “token of appreciation” for the enduring support the actor had shown over the years which is a narrative that blends friendship with public celebration.
Ikedieze, a Nollywood staple with a career spanning more than two decades and over 150 film credits, including the iconic Aki na Ukwa franchise, visibly reacted with humble surprise as he received the vehicle, bowing his head in respect and gratitude. The actor later shared the moment on his Instagram account with a caption celebrating the gift, further fuelling online engagement around the event.
Beyond the spectacle, this incident underscores evolving dynamics in Nigerian celebrity culture and the intersection of wealth, influence and reciprocity. Sociologist Dr. Chinedum Uche of the University of Lagos, speaking on the broader implications of such high‑profile gifts, notes: “Philanthropy that is highly publicised can reinforce social bonds, but it also reflects a culture where generosity is intertwined with reputation economy; where giving becomes as much a social signal as it is an act of kindness.” The quote highlights how public acts of wealth transfer among elites serve layered social functions that extend beyond pure altruism.
Critics of such displays argue that ostentatious giveaways, particularly in a country with stark economic disparities, risk amplifying social envy and exacerbating perceptions of inequality. Economist Dr. Ifunanya Nwosu from the Lagos Business School observes: “In societies marked by economic stratification, celebrity largesse may inspire admiration, but it can also inadvertently highlight structural inequities; prompting questions about systemic investment in public welfare versus individual generosity.”
Still, supporters maintain that E‑Money’s annual tradition (which has in past years included cash gifts to his brother KCee, comedians and even domestic staff) reflects genuine gratitude and a commitment to uplifting his immediate circle, albeit within the private sphere.
For Ikedieze, the SUV stands both as a heartfelt gesture from a longtime friend and a public affirmation of their enduring relationship. As the video of the moment continues to circulate, the broader narrative has ignited discussions about the role of private wealth in public life, celebrity culture and how acts of giving are interpreted in contemporary Nigerian society.
In a landscape where influence and generosity often play out in equal measure on public stages, E‑Money’s gift to Aki is more than a headline, it is a flashpoint in ongoing debates about wealth, friendship and visibility in Nigeria’s entertainment and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
celebrity radar - gossips
Spiritual Reality: Wicked People Are Possessed by Wicked Spirits — Dr. Christian Okafor
Spiritual Reality: Wicked People Are
Possessed by Wicked Spirits — Dr. Christian Okafor
…..“You don’t need to offend them before they attack you.”
…..“Your only true help comes from God.”
Demons are strategic and calculating. They detect threats quickly and position themselves to resist any power that may expose or overpower them.
According to the Generational Prophet and Senior Pastor of Grace Nation Global, Christian Okafor, spiritual intelligence operates both in light and in darkness—and believers must understand this reality.
Dr. Okafor delivered this message on Thursday, February 19, 2026, during the midweek Prophetic, Healing, Deliverance and Solutions Service (PHDS) held at the international headquarters of Grace Nation Worldwide in Ojodu Berger, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Operations of Demons
Teaching on the subject “Spiritual Reality” with the subtitle “Operations of Demons,” the Man of God explained that when demons possess individuals, their behavior changes. Such people may attack, bully, or resist those sent by God to help them, unknowingly rejecting divine assistance and prolonging their struggles.
“You don’t need to offend a demon before it attacks you,” he said. “What you carry is enough to provoke opposition. The greater your potential, the greater the battle.”
Dr. Okafor noted that many believers misinterpret battles as signs that God has abandoned them. However, he explained that some battles are permitted for growth, training, and divine glorification.
According to him, God may allow certain confrontations so that believers understand spiritual warfare and emerge stronger.
“Some battles are necessary,” he emphasized. “They push you into your turning point.”
He further stated that God does not respond to lies, blackmail, or bullying. He responds to His Word. Therefore, opposition is not proof of God’s absence, but often evidence of destiny at work.
The Weapon Against Demonic Attacks
Addressing solutions, Dr. Okafor described prayer as the strongest weapon against satanic operations.
“Prayer is the license that invites God into your battles,” he declared. “God does not intrude—He responds to invitation.”
According to the Apostle of Altars, understanding the principles and discipline of prayer enables believers to receive divine strategies for overcoming demonic resistance. Without prayer, he warned, spiritual help cannot be activated.
“You cannot receive help without God,” he concluded. “And you cannot engage God without prayer.”
Manifestations at the Service
The midweek gathering was marked by a strong move of the Spirit, with testimonies of deliverance, miracles, restoration, and solutions to various challenges presented before God. Several individuals reportedly committed their lives to Christ during the service.
-
celebrity radar - gossips6 months agoWhy Babangida’s Hilltop Home Became Nigeria’s Political “Mecca”
-
society6 months agoPower is a Loan, Not a Possession: The Sacred Duty of Planting People
-
society5 months agoReligion: Africa’s Oldest Weapon of Enslavement and the Forgotten Truth
-
news6 months agoTHE APPOINTMENT OF WASIU AYINDE BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS AN AMBASSADOR SOUNDS EMBARRASSING





You must be logged in to post a comment Login