Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

Diezani Clears The Air On Allegations

Published

on

Diezani Clears The Air On Allegations

 

 

Diezani Alison-Madueke, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, who served under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, has asked the Federal High Court in Abuja to set aside the bench warrant issued against her on July 24, 2020,

 

 

 

In 2015, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) filed money laundering charges against Dieziani and approached the court for a bench warrant against the former Minister. Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, who granted the order on July 24, 2020, directed that Alison-Madueke should be arrested by local or international police anywhere she is sighted within or outside the country. The case was, however, reassigned to Justice Olajuwon following the transfer of Ojukwu to the Calabar division of the court in 2021.

 

 

 

 

In a motion filed by her counsel, Mike Ozekhome, Diezani told the court that contrary to claims made by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that she was on the run, she went to the United Kingdom in 2015 to get treatment after being diagnosed with “the most aggressive form of breast cancer — Triple Negative Cancer.”

 



Diezani Clears The Air On Allegations

 

 

In the motion filed by her counsel, Diezani prayed the court to strike out her name as “a defendant in charge number: FHC/ABJ/CR/208/2018 between the Federal Republic of Nigeria V. Diezani Alison Madueke, pending before this honorable court.” The motion, which has FRN as complainant/respondent, had Alison-Madueke as sole defendant/applicant.

 

 

 

The ex-minister, in the five grounds attached to the motion, said the bench warrant was issued without jurisdiction, and sought that it be set aside ex debito justitiae. She argued that it was issued in breach of her right to fair hearing. She further argued that she had neither been served with the charge sheet nor the proof of evidence in a charge numbered FHC/ABJ/CR/208/2018.

 

 

 

 

“The ex parte application for an order of bench warrant against the defendant/applicant was obtained upon gross misstatements, misrepresentations, non-disclosure, concealment and suppression of material facts and this honourable court has the power to set aside same ex debito justitiae, as a void order is as good as if it was never made at all” she said.

 

 

Dieziani stated that she had resided in the UK since May 22, 2015, when she voluntarily traveled for medical treatment towards the end of Jonathan’s administration, and was diagnosed with “the most aggressive form of breast cancer — Triple Negative Cancer.”

 

 

 

“I hurriedly flew into England on May 22, 2015, in order to undertake a critical course of treatment, which consisted of two operations, eight months of intensive chemotherapy and five weeks of radiotherapy and I have remained in England ever since then, where I have undergone intensive medical care and treatment. In the course of receiving my treatment and only one week after completing the eight-month course of treatment in my extremely aggressive chemotherapy (during which time I was erroneously put into a near fatal coma), on October 2, 2015, I was invited by the UK National Crime Agency, to the Charing Cross Police Station, London, where I was questioned for several hours and subsequently released on police bail.

 

 

 

Prior to that time, the officers of the NCA had invaded my personal residence and conducted a search, carting away with them several documents and other valuable items.

 

 

 

 

Since then, I have consistently and severally been invited for interviews by the NCA, many of which have been serially adjourned or postponed to future dates due to no fault of mine.”she told the court.

 

 

She also told the court that the EFCC broke into her Abuja residence and carted away several documents and many items of value, and that all of this was done in her absence, without any prior invitation or notice to that effect.

 

 

 

 

She said she had either read in the media or been informed by close associates and relatives, about several forfeiture orders said to have been made in respect of certain funds and property in some charges or other civil proceedings all of which were usually ascribed and allegedly said to belong to her in the media.

 

 

 

“I have till date never been served with any court processes in respect of all the aforementioned charges or forfeiture proceedings in Nigeria, to enable me respond, or defend myself,” she told the court

 

 

 

Alison-Madueke alleged that the EFCC, which had been filing the said charges or forfeiture proceedings, knew very well she resides in the UK, and had indeed on an occasion in the past, actually served a particular document on her through the NCA. She said since residing in the UK, she had been living openly and had never made any attempt to conceal her identity, location and/or home address, from any persons, or authorities, whether abroad or in Nigeria. “The NCA is fully aware of my location in the UK”, she said.

 

 

The ex-minister therefore, prayed the court to vacate the order of bench warrant against her and strike out her name from the charge “in the interest of justice.”

Sahara weekly online is published by First Sahara weekly international. contact saharaweekly@yahoo.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement

celebrity radar - gossips

Fury Erupts in South Africa as Calls for Nigerian Pastor’s Deportation Intensify After Shocking Acquittal

Published

on

Fury Erupts in South Africa as Calls for Nigerian Pastor’s Deportation Intensify After Shocking Acquittal

Fury Erupts in South Africa as Calls for Nigerian Pastor’s Deportation Intensify After Shocking Acquittal

 

Gqeberha, South Africa – Outrage is sweeping across South Africa following the controversial acquittal of Nigerian televangelist Timothy Omotoso on rape and human trafficking charges. The verdict, handed down by the Gqeberha High Court on Wednesday, has sparked a firestorm of criticism, with political groups and civil society demanding his immediate deportation.

Omotoso, who spent eight years behind bars alongside his co-accused, Lusanda Sulani and Zukiswa Sitho, was released after a lengthy and troubled trial. His sudden freedom has ignited protests, with many South Africans accusing the justice system of failing victims of sexual abuse.

The country’s National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has come under heavy scrutiny, admitting that delays in the trial caused key witnesses to withdraw, making it difficult to secure a conviction. Luxolo Tyali, the NPA spokesperson, stated, “Some witnesses no longer wanted to proceed with giving evidence, as they have moved on with their lives and do not want to relive their experiences in court.”

Despite the court’s ruling, reports indicate that authorities are considering deporting Omotoso back to Nigeria, though official confirmation remains pending.

Political Groups Demand Swift Deportation

Leading the charge for Omotoso’s removal is ActionSA, a political party founded by former Johannesburg Mayor Herman Mashaba. The party issued a scathing statement, condemning religious leaders who exploit faith for personal gain and demanding the pastor’s immediate expulsion.

“ActionSA firmly opposes the infiltration of South Africa by dubious entrepreneurs and self-proclaimed ‘biblepreneurs’ who prey on hard-working and unsuspecting citizens,” the group declared.

The statement further emphasized, “Omotoso has no place in our country. He has been accused of heinous crimes, including human trafficking and sexual assault involving vulnerable women and minors.”

ActionSA has called on immigration officials to revoke Omotoso’s residency, place him on the national sex offenders’ register, and bar him from any position granting him access to vulnerable individuals.

A Legacy of Scandal and Allegations

Omotoso, the 66-year-old leader of Jesus Dominion International Church, gained notoriety for his lavish lifestyle and controversial ministry, which promised miraculous healings and prophecies. Arrested in 2017, he was charged with multiple offences, including sexual assault and trafficking young women, some of whom were members of his church’s gospel group, Grace Galaxy.

His church in Port Elizabeth was eventually shut down after mass protests, with enraged South Africans demanding justice for alleged victims. Unverified reports also suggested that one of the women who testified against him received death threats before the trial.

A Justice System Under Fire

Omotoso’s acquittal has reignited fierce debates about the effectiveness of South Africa’s judicial system in handling sexual abuse cases. Critics argue that the case highlights systemic failures, from witness intimidation to the slow pace of prosecutions, which often discourage survivors from seeking justice.

While Omotoso walks free, his future in South Africa remains uncertain. With public anger at a boiling point and mounting pressure on authorities, his deportation may be the only way to quell the growing unrest.

For many, however, the wounds left by this case may never fully heal.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Dr. Chris Okafor, the distinguished Generational Prophet of God that I know, marks a year of existence …A Paradigm of Uniqueness

Published

on

Dr. Chris Okafor, the distinguished Generational Prophet of God that I know, marks a year of existence ...A Paradigm of Uniqueness ~By Sunday Adeyemi

Dr. Chris Okafor, the distinguished Generational Prophet of God that I know, marks a year of existence
…A Paradigm of Uniqueness

~By Sunday Adeyemi

 

Dr. Chris Okafor, The Generational Prophet of God, my esteemed father in the Lord and great mentor, in whom I have immense confidence. It’s another year to commemorate your birthday; celebrating you is an ongoing celebration for me, as you are a rare gem and one in a million.

Dr. Chris Okafor, the distinguished Generational Prophet of God that I know, marks a year of existence
...A Paradigm of Uniqueness
~By Sunday Adeyemi

I am delighted to be of your Son, I join the family of the distinguished Popular Lagos Prophet Dr. Chris Okafor, My Father The Senior Pastor of Grace Nations International Church, aka Liberation City whose headquarters is located at Liberation close Oshofisan street by Ereke Bus-stop ojodu Berger Lagos Nigeria, in celebrating his birthday on every 4th of April. On this special occasion, I extend my warmest felicitations to him and his entire family

On this significant occasion, respected spiritual leader, may you recognize the profound impact your life has had on those around you and appreciate the love, support, and blessings you’ve received

It is thrilling for me to be part of this momentous celebration with all the Grace Nation Family, your family, friends, and well-wishers, and I wish you a birthday replete with love, laughter, and unbridled joy

On this day as you celebrate another year of impactful life, may the Almighty continue to lavish His blessings upon your new age, granting you increased prosperity, Grace, favor, mercies, and lasting blessings, and from this day forward, all reports and testimonies concerning you and your household shall be remarkably positive

Your outstanding characteristics have earned you a notable position among your contemporaries in Christendom, and I urge you to maintain this superior standard, sir

I offer my sincerest prayers that God will continue to bless you and show you kindness and graciousness now and forever. I wish you many happy returns.

I remain your dedicated and loyal Son, Sunday Adeyemi; publisher of Society Herald magazine and online.

 

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

President Tinubu Congratulates Aare Adetola EmmanuelKing at 50

Published

on

Hon. Yakubu Kimba Leads Usman kadafur Delegation to Pay Sallah Homage and Condolences to Former Army Chief Buratai

President Tinubu Congratulates Aare Adetola EmmanuelKing at 50

President Bola Tinubu congratulates Aare Adetola Olaniyi Emmanuel-King, the Chairman and CEO of Adron Group, on his 50th birthday.

The President joins family, friends, and well-wishers to celebrate the entrepreneur and philanthropist who has remained steadfast in making affordable housing accessible to many Nigerians.

Aare Emmanuel-King, with over 62 estates and a workforce of 3,000, has received numerous chieftaincy titles and awards in property and estate development, including Lagos State Man of the Year (2019) and Property Developer of the Year (2021).

President Tinubu commends the real estate developer for his contributions to the government’s vision of reducing the nation’s housing deficit.

The President wishes Aare Emmanuel-King joyful celebrations and continued success in his endeavours.

Bayo Onanuga

Special Adviser to the President

(Information & Strategy)

 

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending