Another faction of the All progressive congress(APC) known as the Edo people’s movement has suspended the deputy governor, Phillip shuaibu and the Secretary to the State Government, Ogie Osarodion.
This incident happened days after another faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, which is loyal Governor Godwin Obaseki suspended the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
Recent tumult has been experienced by the state chapter of the APC which led to the party being factionalized along supporters of Obaseki and Oshiomhole.
The suspension was announced after an enlarged meeting held at the residence of Gen. Charles Airhiavbere in Benin.
Mr. Patrick Ikahriale, who read the speech on behalf of EPM, said: “Governor Obaseki, his deputy, Phillip Shuaibu; Anslem Ojezua and Osarodion Ogie (SSG), from available information, particularly from top leaders of the PDP, have concluded plans to defect from the APC and seek re-election on that platform.
“For us the authentic APC stakeholders in Edo State, we wholeheartedly denounce such.
“We wish to state that at the appropriate time, the APC National Working Committee will initiate the process of party primaries for the selection of the party’s gubernatorial candidate.
“We will abide by the guidelines for such primaries as the constitution of the party vests the responsibility of conducting primaries on the NWC.
“We are prepared to give every aspirant equal opportunity to test their popularity. We will resist any attempt to close the political space.
“Consequently, we hereby suspend Governor Godwin Obaseki, Hon Phillip Shuaibu and Barr. Osarodion Ogie from the party for anti-party activities and urge the National Working Committee to set the machinery in motion for further disciplinary action against them.”
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria