Another faction of the All progressive congress(APC) known as the Edo people’s movement has suspended the deputy governor, Phillip shuaibu and the Secretary to the State Government, Ogie Osarodion.
This incident happened days after another faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo State, which is loyal Governor Godwin Obaseki suspended the National Chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole.
Recent tumult has been experienced by the state chapter of the APC which led to the party being factionalized along supporters of Obaseki and Oshiomhole.
The suspension was announced after an enlarged meeting held at the residence of Gen. Charles Airhiavbere in Benin.
Mr. Patrick Ikahriale, who read the speech on behalf of EPM, said: “Governor Obaseki, his deputy, Phillip Shuaibu; Anslem Ojezua and Osarodion Ogie (SSG), from available information, particularly from top leaders of the PDP, have concluded plans to defect from the APC and seek re-election on that platform.
“For us the authentic APC stakeholders in Edo State, we wholeheartedly denounce such.
“We wish to state that at the appropriate time, the APC National Working Committee will initiate the process of party primaries for the selection of the party’s gubernatorial candidate.
“We will abide by the guidelines for such primaries as the constitution of the party vests the responsibility of conducting primaries on the NWC.
“We are prepared to give every aspirant equal opportunity to test their popularity. We will resist any attempt to close the political space.
“Consequently, we hereby suspend Governor Godwin Obaseki, Hon Phillip Shuaibu and Barr. Osarodion Ogie from the party for anti-party activities and urge the National Working Committee to set the machinery in motion for further disciplinary action against them.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries