The First Lady of Ekiti State, Erelu Bisi Fayemi on Monday launched the Women Empowerment Team (WET), designed as a capacity building and empowerment programme for women across the 177 wards in the state.
The scheme will operate through cluster and cooperative groups to be established across all the State.
Speaking at the launch, Mrs Fayemi said the initiative was proposed to be a “women -helping -women approach through a network of cooperative societies designed to foster peer-learning, knowledge sharing, skills acquisition and socio-economic and risk mitigation interventions for vulnerable women in the state.
She added that the purpose of the initiative, code named ObinrinKete, is to realise as many targets of the Sustainable Development Goals 5 – Gender Equality, thereby leaving no woman behind.
Mrs Fayemi noted that the vision of the Obinrinkete Cooperative is for Ekiti State to have a future in which all Ekiti Women are prosperous, empowered, productive and gainfully engaged.
Speaking further, she said the Women Empowerment Team (WET) will be a platform for monitoring initiatives that empower, inform and build the capacity of Ekiti women in general and more importantly women living in poverty.
The First Lady explained that the main aim of WET is to ensure the implementation of her special intervention projects in all the LGAs of the State, with specific objectives in the areas such as Policy Mainstreaming -(monitoring impact of government policies on women); Economic Empowerment through 177 ward cooperatives.
Others are Support for GBV committee at LGA level, Support for keep Girls in school initiative; Access to primary Health Care at Community level; Access to Agricultural Opportunities; HIV /AIDS Awareness; COVID-19 Awareness amongst women Water; and Sanitation and Hygiene programs (WASH).
In attendance at the stakeholders meeting held at the Jibowu Hall of Governor’s office in Ado-Ekiti, had in attendance top government functionaries including the Special Adviser, Development Partnerships/ SDGs, Mrs Magaret Fagboyo; Special Assistant on SDGs, Mrs. Abimbola Solanke, and wives of top government officials.
Cover Of The Week
- Recent political and community leaders retreat in Greater Pibor tackles issue of child marriages September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) Launch Newborn Screening for Sickle Cell Disease In Liberia September 20, 2021
- Liberia: Ministry of Health, Liberia Board for Nursing and Midwifery (LBNM) Launch Digital Online Licensing Examinations System September 20, 2021
- Equatorial Guinea Secretary of State of Planning Will Lead a Strong Finance Delegation to African Energy Week in Cape Town September 20, 2021
- Prime Minister of Uganda Meets Ambassador of Qatar September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (20 September 2021) September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: New COVID-19 Infections on a Downward Trend September 20, 2021
- The Visit of the Indonesian Consul General to Cape Town at The Cape Town Port for Life Skills Activities September 20, 2021
- Djibouti Signs its First Country Programme Framework (CPF) for 2022-2027 September 20, 2021
- Coronavirus - Tanzania: Private Sector Agrees on Cushioning COVID-19 Effects September 20, 2021
Fashion/Lifestyle5 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
Politics7 months ago
EKITI 2022:MAKING A CASE FOR A NEW FACE WITH NEW IDEAS IN STATE GOVERNANCE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Otunba Kehinde Oloyede is Bereaved!
Fashion/Lifestyle7 months ago
Rotary Recognizes exemplary youths across Nigeria