By Ifeoma Ikem
Assistant-Inspector-General (AIG) of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) Annex, Alagbon, Lagos State, AIG Murtala Mani, has said the annex has been repositioned for better performance.
AIG Mani, the new boss in charge of the annex unit said, apart from the renovation works done in the annex , the forensic laboratory has also been refurbished to serve its purpose.
Addressing pressmen, Murtala Mani,said the Inspector-General of Police has made effort to put in place to make the place viable once again, “ he noted that,the IG has reduced the number of officers meant for this place so that the little we have we will be able to have some checks and balances and put them on track and do the right thing not only for CID here but generally, all the police officers.
According to him,the new leadership is set to restore the lost glory of the annex. “There is need for us to tell the world what the police is doing, especially under the leadership of IGP Mohammed Adamu, so that the confidence we are trying to build in the minds of the people is restored
AIG Mani, said the measure has been taken generally,in resulting to be viable,vibrant and active section.“We are taking some internal disciplinary measures too, because all we want is to give the public the desired confidence that the FCID annex was known and we are here for you ”. Also the fingerprint section of the unit is being restored “I assure you in the next cope of months, the fingerprint section will be functioning ” he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Egypt: U.S. donates ventilators to support Egypt's COVID-19 response, strengthen intensive care unit (ICU) capacity August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: On International Day, UN chief spotlights indigenous peoples’ resilience in face of COVID-19 pandemic August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 9 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Liberia: U.S. Embassy Monrovia Update August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Health Alert, New Lockdown Restrictions, and Commercial Flights August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: “I wish I could have some magic, I would just say let schools open right away" - Twelve-year-old Alex Abigail, Congolese refugee in Uganda August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: Update COVID-19 (8 August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Digital Birth Registrations August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: Somalia responds swiftly to measles outbreak in Jubaland State August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: South Africa in line for first ever digital census August 9, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries