There is a face-off between the management of The Federal Palace Hotel and their staffers over ill treatment and salary issue. And this has led to total stand down of activities as the aggrieved workers have shut the hotel.
We reliably gathered that the face off began on Tuesday, January 27,2014 when the management refused to yield to the petitions sent by the staffers to complained about the way the expatriates treat them like slaves. A source alleged that they work over time and they were treated like trash. Also, some of the females claimed they were intimidated by their bosses. According to our source, the hotel net in huge revenue but pay them paltry sum and still expect them to work like slaves. Aside that, the management deduct over N7,500“ it’s a modern day form of slavery which is not good”. We learnt scores of them have refused to work until the issue is resolved.
Sahara Weekly was at the scene of event and we promise to give you the full details soon. You can’t afford to miss it.
The Federal Palace Hotel is a 150-room hotel that overlooks the Atlantic Ocean, located in the commercial hub of Victoria Island in Lagos, Nigeria. Established in 1960 as the country’s premier international hotel, it was originally owned by the Victoria Beach Hotel, as part of the A. G. Leventis trading group.Considered “a landmark of the Lagos metropolis” the hotel is notable for having been the setting for the signing of Nigeria’s Declaration of Independence. it has been a Sun International property since 2007
Cover Of The Week
- B-roll: Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 11, 2021
- Women's Premier Division R6 and First Division R1 Preview June 11, 2021
- South Sudan's former Petroleum Minister urges industry to stick with Cape Town by endorsing African Energy Week June 11, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated successfully launches US$350 million 10NC5 year Tier 2 Sustainability Notes June 11, 2021
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies digitally empowers the youth of Mthatha with the opening of their first Innovation and Digital Centre June 11, 2021
- Over 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Angola June 11, 2021
- New Humanitarian Hub to boost efficiency in delivering humanitarian assistance in Pibor, South Sudan June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
- Southwest State police trained on tackling gender-based violence June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks