First Bank of Nigeria Limited has announced that its Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Dr. Adesola Adeduntan has been honoured with membership of Bretton Woods Committee (BWC). FirstBank has also joined Bretton Woods Committee as an Organisational Supporter in line with the commitment to demonstrate cooperation and foster global well-being.
The membership, which is by invitation only, is in recognition of Dr. Adeduntan’s sterling leadership qualities including efforts in ensuring that FirstBank remains at the forefront in promoting financial inclusion in Africa.
According to Bretton Woods, ‘’committee members are leaders at the top of business, academic, and nonprofit sectors. Influencers from every region of the world – including industry CEOs, international policymakers, and former U.S. officials – we champion efforts to spur economic growth, alleviate poverty, and advance global financial stability. Given your leadership and background, we believe you would be a valuable addition to the Bretton Woods Committee’’.
Since its founding in 1983, members of BWC include leaders at the top of the business, finance, academic, and non-profit sectors, including many industry CEOs, as well as former presidents, cabinet-level officials, and lawmakers who share the belief that international economic cooperation is essential and best served through strong and effective International Finance Institutions (IFIs). Members include President Jimmy Carter; Professor Henry Gates Jr, Harvard University; Mr. Michael E. O’Neill, Chairman of Citigroup (2012-2019).
The mission and work of the Committee is motivated by the conviction that systematic, principled and effective multilateral cooperation is the surest means of achieving economic and social progress. Through its programs and events, the Committee convenes policymakers together with members and stakeholders across its network to explore current issues in global finance, development and trade, and to propose ways in which the system – and the institutions that comprise it – can be strengthened and made more effective.
Appreciating the recognition, Dr. Adeduntan said “On behalf of the board, management and staff of FirstBank, I’m deeply honoured to be recognised as a member of The Bretton Woods Committee. In addition, as a contributor, FirstBank remains committed to the goals of the Bretton Woods Committee. This is especially at this time when the role played by business and political leaders is critical to exploring efficient ways of deepening collaboration and inclusion across borders whilst mitigating the adverse effects of the coronavirus on not just the global economy but on other aspects of the livelihood of every individual and household.
“I look forward to working with other members of The Bretton Woods Committee as we continue to build on the successes achieved over the years. With these, we will make the world a better place,” he concluded.
Cover Of The Week
- How Senegal prepared for COVID-19 surge June 12, 2021
- The system stalling COVID-19 importation into Rwanda June 12, 2021
- Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 12, 2021
- B-roll: Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 11, 2021
- Women's Premier Division R6 and First Division R1 Preview June 11, 2021
- South Sudan's former Petroleum Minister urges industry to stick with Cape Town by endorsing African Energy Week June 11, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated successfully launches US$350 million 10NC5 year Tier 2 Sustainability Notes June 11, 2021
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies digitally empowers the youth of Mthatha with the opening of their first Innovation and Digital Centre June 11, 2021
- Over 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Angola June 11, 2021
- New Humanitarian Hub to boost efficiency in delivering humanitarian assistance in Pibor, South Sudan June 11, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks