Moody’s Investors Service (“Moody’s”) has completed a periodic review of the ratings of First Bank of Nigeria Limited and other ratings that are associated with the same analytical unit. The review was conducted through a portfolio review in which Moody’s reassessed the appropriateness of the ratings in the context of the relevant principal methodology(ies), recent developments, and a comparison of the financial and operating profile to similarly rated peers. The review did not involve a rating committee. Since 1 January 2019, Moody’s practice has been to issue a press release following each periodic review to announce its completion.
This publication does not announce a credit rating action and is not an indication of whether or not a credit rating action is likely in the near future. Credit ratings and outlook/review status cannot be changed in a portfolio review and hence are not impacted by this announcement. For any credit ratings referenced in this publication, please see the ratings tab on the issuer/entity page on www.moodys.com for the most updated credit rating action information and rating history.
Key rating considerations are summarized below.
First Bank of Nigeria Limited’s (First Bank) B2 long-term local currency deposit rating is one notch above its b3 baseline credit assessment (BCA).
First Bank’s BCA reflects its improving asset quality, satisfactory capital buffers and resilient profitability that is supported by its strong capacity to generate good levels of pre-provision income. The ratings also reflect the bank’s stable deposit-based funding profile, high stock of liquidity assets and resilient foreign currency liquidity buffers. These strengths are moderated by Nigeria’s challenging operating environment that is worsened by depressed oil prices and ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Our view of the creditworthiness of First Bank is based on FBN Holdings Plc’s (FBNH) public financial statements.
This document summarizes Moody’s view as of the publication date and will not be updated until the next periodic review announcement, which will incorporate material changes in credit circumstances (if any) during the intervening period.
The principal methodology used for this review was Banks Methodology published in November 2019. Please see the Rating Methodologies page on www.moodys.com for a copy of this methodology.
This announcement applies only to EU rated and EU endorsed ratings. Non EU rated and non EU endorsed ratings may be referenced above to the extent necessary, if they are part of the same analytical unit.
This publication does not announce a credit rating action. For any credit ratings referenced in this publication, please see the ratings tab on the issuer/entity page on www.moodys.com for the most updated credit rating action information and rating history.
Culled from Yahoo Finance
Cover Of The Week
- Jubilee Insurance and Allianz forge Strategic Partnership October 20, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum Announces Speaker Line-up for AWIEF2020 Conference October 20, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 19th October 2020 October 20, 2020
- Winners of Uganda Press Photo Award and East African Photography Award Announced Canon strengthens October 20, 2020
- 5th Africa Fintech Summit to be held virtually October 20, 2020
- Five Key Factors for a Future-Oriented Digital Transformation of Electric Power Enterprises October 20, 2020
- Date set for Rugby World Cup 2021 Draw October 20, 2020
- Pulse Nigeria reaches 2.5 million Instagram followers: Pulse leads digital news media distribution throughout Africa with its growing social community October 20, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Assistance from World Health Organization (WHO) to improve COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing in Nigeria October 19, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (19 October 2020) October 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro2 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports2 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital