Lagos (Nigeria), 02 October 2019 – Junior Achievement Nigeria’s (JAN) annual flagship event, National Company of the Year Competition (NCOY) will be taking place Thursday, 3rd October 2019. With the theme “Activating Disruptors”, this annual event brings the JA Company Program winners of our Regional Competitions together to compete for the National Company of the Year Award sponsored by First Bank of Nigeria Limited. The winners will represent Nigeria against fellow JA Africa companies for the title of 2019 JA Africa Company of the Year set to hold in Ghana.
At NCOY, JA student companies present the results of their enterprise before a panel of independent judges. Participants must present the business achievements as a whole and each team member’s contribution. For a team to win this award, it is not sufficient just to run a financially successful JA company or create an exciting product/service. They must also demonstrate an understanding of why the company performed as it did. Judges also look for evidence of innovation in all aspects of a company’s operations. Students also present an Annual Report and host a Trade booth display.
The competition will be judged by Awuneba Ajumogobia, Non-Executive Director, UACN Property Development Company; Eloho Gihan-Mbelu, CEO, Endeavor Nigeria; Kehinde Olateru, CEO, Crenet TechLabs; Ibukun Akinola, Co-founder, Piggyvest.
According to JAN’s Executive Director, Mrs. Simi Nwogugu; “The National Company of the Year Competition 2019 is an opportunity for us to showcase the depth of potential that lies within these young minds and Junior Achievement Nigeria’s role in grooming the next generation of leading entrepreneurs. We thank First Bank of Nigeria Limited for sponsoring the NCOY competition for three consecutive years, a partnership we are pleased to reckon with, whilst contributing to the continued growth and development of the country. This is a call-to-action for corporate stakeholders, teachers, youths, entrepreneurs and all who support the cause of empowering youths to becoming not just leaders, but conscientious leaders leading a vibrant economy.”
Expressing her delight on FirstBank’s support and participation in the activities of Junior Achievement Nigeria, especially its National Company of the Year (NCOY), the Group Head, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Folake Ani- Mumuney said” We are pleased to identify with JA Nigeria, especially on its giant strides at encouraging entrepreneurship amongst secondary school students in the country. With innovation and invention being essential at promoting opportunities for growth and development in the fast-changing world, the NCOY remains a platform to strengthen the intellectual development of young people in the society”.
About Junior Achievement Nigeria
Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN) is part of Junior Achievement Worldwide (JAWW), the world’s largest and fastest-growing non-profit economic education organization with a 120-country network. Since inception in 1999, JAN has reached over 970,000 students in over 20,000 classrooms in all the 36 states across the country and the FCT through over 4000 volunteers. As part of a global network, JAN is able to leverage resources and expertise to deliver localized cutting-edge experiential programs built on JAWW’s three pillars of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy, to in- and out-of-school youth ages 5 to 27 free of charge.
Cover Of The Week
- True business resilience demands fresh perspectives and putting best practice top of mind (By Dr. Ibrahim Abduba) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (2 June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (153,325) deaths (4,356), and recoveries (64,793) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Updates (Tuesday, 2nd June 2020, Time: 11:00) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Namibia: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks with President of Namibia Dr. Hage G. Geingob June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update, 1st June 2020 June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: COVID-19 ventilators provided to help Somalia fight pandemic June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Provincial Breakdown of Cases in South Africa (2nd June 2020) June 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Notification Note on COVID-19 Situational Update – 2nd June 2020 June 2, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news3 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award