GOODWILL MESSAGE BY THE GOVERNOR OF OGUN STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, PRINCE DAPO ABIODUN, MFR ON THE 2019 EID-EL-KABIR FESTIVAL, HELD ON SUNDAY, 11TH AUGUST, 2019
On behalf of your Government, I wish all our Muslims faithfuls a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration. It is my prayer that we will celebrate many more of Eid-el-Kabir in good health and prosperity.
- There are numerous lessons to be learnt from the story that led to Eid- el-Kabir. After very many years wait by Prophet Ibrahim and his wife, Sarat, to have a child, he also heeded God’s directive to sacrifice the only son to God. It was at this point that God replaced the intended sacrificial son with a ram. That was a strong demonstration of patience, perseverance, steadfastness, obedience and commitment. This clear test of faith was what led to the festival we are celebrating today.
- As we celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir Festival, it is important that we also take note of the lessons of the festival. We should all emulate Prophet Ibrahim’s patience, perseverance, steadfastness, obedience and commitment as vital ingredients toward the successful implementation of the “Building our Future Together” Agenda.
- Let me assure all our people that our Administration remains irrevocably committed to providing focused and qualitative governance that will create an enabling environment for Public-Private Sector Partnership (PPP) which is fundamental to creation of an enduring economic development and individual prosperity for the people of Ogun State and all those who have made our dear State their home, wherever they may reside or do business in the State. All we ask is your continued support, cooperation, and prayers. I have no doubt in my mind that our patience, perseverance, steadfastness, obedience and commitment will never go unnoticed before God. Together, we will work hand-in-hand on this path of glory to make our dear State the Ogun State of our dreams.
- Let me enjoin you all to celebrate with moderation. We must all remember that even this celebration is an act of worship to Allah. And, I pray that God accepts all our worship as Ibadah. May He also grant us good rewards in this life and hereafter.
- Once again, on behalf of your Government, I wish all our Muslims faithfuls a happy Eid-el-Kabir celebration. I pray that we will celebrate many more of Eid-el-Kabir in good health and prosperity.
Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR
Governor of Ogun State, Nigeria.
Sunday, 11th August, 2019
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - South Africa: 1727 new cases of COVID-19 in South Africa May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th May 2020) May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (136,677) deaths (3,941), and recoveries (56,958) May 30, 2020
- Nigeria Rugby Football Federation donates Food Palliatives to Players May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (30 May 2020) May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 May 2020) May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Employment and Labour prepares to resume services on 8 June May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Setting up of COVID-19 Mobile Testing Sites in Communities May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of COVID-19 cases by sub counties in Nairobi (30-05-2020) May 30, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: 1837 new cases of COVID-19 in South Africa May 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news3 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award