NO N9.9BN TRACED TO MY ACCOUNT – AMBODE
… Greets Buhari, APC, Lagosians For Sallah
The immediate past governor of Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, FCA, has cleared the air over a statement attributed to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) alleging that it had frozen certain accounts linked to him.
The former governor said no account of his contained N9.9bn let alone being frozen by the EFCC. He said in the spirit of Sallah and having served Lagos State well with utmost dedication and integrity, his record is very clear and his mind joyful for the opportunity to have served the State diligently.
In a statement released on his behalf on Friday by his media aide, Habib Aruna, Ambode said while he did not intend to join issues with the anti-corruption agency at this time especially as there has been no communication between him and the commission on this issue, it is pertinent to clarify what he believed was a misleading import of the press statement on Tuesday.
According to the former governor, the accounts in question that were frozen by the Federal High Court belong to the Lagos State Government and not him or any individual. “Those accounts were opened in the course of normal operations by the Lagos State Government for its administrative purposes and not for the former Governor’s personal transactions as was being wrongly insinuated and have been operated to ensure smooth operations of government activities by previous and present administrations. The former Governor was not and will never be involved in any unauthorized use of government property and resources.
“We strongly believe that after four demanding years as Chief Executive of Lagos State, Mr. Ambode is entitled to some deserved rest with his family and loved ones without the unwarranted attacks on his well-earned reputation.”
The statement added that the former Governor believes that at this critical time in our polity, all hands must be on deck to support “our great Party the All Progressives Congress (APC) both at the State and national levels in order to continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to Lagosians and Nigerians respectively.”
The former governor, therefore, re-assures Nigerians that he remains committed to the ideals of President Muhammadu Buhari and the founding fathers of the party for the attainment of the next level for Nigeria.
Former Governor Ambode also extends warm Sallah greetings to President Buhari and his deputy, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo; National Leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the entire leadership of APC as well as every Lagosian, praying that the lessons of Sallah will serve as a catalyst for the much-needed bond and spirit of brotherliness among all and sundry in our great country.
MEDIA AIDE TO FORMER GOVERNOR,
MR. AKINWUNMI AMBODE
Saraki Expresses displeasure of the forfeiture of his properties to the Federal government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin