By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
Group under the aegis of Ogan Mixed Old Students Association(OMOSA), from Ogan Mixed Secondary school in Orhionmwon local government area of Edo state yesterday called on the state Governor Godwin Obaseki to come to the aid of the school due to dilapidated and abandoned nature of the school.
The group made the call when the association committee in charge of their first maiden edition tagged Reunion Party schedule to hold December 2019 .
Chairman of the committee, Mr. Asenime Stevenson, and other members who were at the premises of the school in Ogan community to ascertained the present condition of the school were disappointed on their arrival occasioned to the bad state.
Asenime said they decided to visit the school because of their up coming program in other to know the plight of the school and the area they can assist.
According to him, Ogan Mixed school was once the best school in Edo state academically and otherwise but today it is gradually going into estintion and stressed for government urgent attention towards the school.
“My heart bleed when I saw the dilapidated condition of my former school that produce some of the best brains and athletes in Edo state it hurts it’s really hurt.
Information made available from the school reveals that the school has no teachers the entire school both the junior and secondary have less than 20 students while 6 class room have 10 chair and tables that enrollment is low.
ABIODUN CONGRATULATES BELLO, LYON
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today