By Adejuyigbe olorunfemi
Former Aviation Minister Fani Femi Kayode has accused Yakubu Gowon, who was the former military head of state, to apologise to Nigerians as regards the Mass killings of Igbos during the Nigerian civil war in 1967. Saharaweeklyng.com reports.
The 59 year old refuses to celebrate Gowon who turned 85 over the weekend, standing his ground that there is need for an apology over the killing of three million people of the South East during the Biafra civil war.
According to Fani-Kayode, Nigeria’s progress hinges on apologising to people of the South East.
He wrote: “When the real history of the country is written the role of Gowon and the other Nigerian commanders during the civil war will be put in proper perspective.
“The slaughter of 3 million Biafran civilians in that war is the greatest act of black on black genocide in human history.
“I cannot celebrate the birth of a man who presided over such carnage and neither can I describe him as a hero.
“Nigeria cannot make much progress or truly prosper until she apologises to the Igbo and Biafrans for the great evil that we visited upon them during the civil war.”
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria