By Adejuyigbe olorunfemi
Former Aviation Minister Fani Femi Kayode has accused Yakubu Gowon, who was the former military head of state, to apologise to Nigerians as regards the Mass killings of Igbos during the Nigerian civil war in 1967. Saharaweeklyng.com reports.
The 59 year old refuses to celebrate Gowon who turned 85 over the weekend, standing his ground that there is need for an apology over the killing of three million people of the South East during the Biafra civil war.
According to Fani-Kayode, Nigeria’s progress hinges on apologising to people of the South East.
He wrote: “When the real history of the country is written the role of Gowon and the other Nigerian commanders during the civil war will be put in proper perspective.
“The slaughter of 3 million Biafran civilians in that war is the greatest act of black on black genocide in human history.
“I cannot celebrate the birth of a man who presided over such carnage and neither can I describe him as a hero.
“Nigeria cannot make much progress or truly prosper until she apologises to the Igbo and Biafrans for the great evil that we visited upon them during the civil war.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Kakamega County has established five COVID-19 treatment centres August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Minister Zweli Mkhize confirms total of 553188 cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 (8th August, 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Botswana: The Presidential COVID-19 Task Team Results August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Daily Status Update (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Booi encourages her team-mates as South Africa (SA) celebrates Women's Day August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: Returning back home during a global pandemic August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 541 people living with HIV and AIDS in Yumbe traced and linked back into care August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (8th August 2020) August 8, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries