By Adejuyigbe olorunfemi
Former Aviation Minister Fani Femi Kayode has accused Yakubu Gowon, who was the former military head of state, to apologise to Nigerians as regards the Mass killings of Igbos during the Nigerian civil war in 1967. Saharaweeklyng.com reports.
The 59 year old refuses to celebrate Gowon who turned 85 over the weekend, standing his ground that there is need for an apology over the killing of three million people of the South East during the Biafra civil war.
According to Fani-Kayode, Nigeria’s progress hinges on apologising to people of the South East.
He wrote: “When the real history of the country is written the role of Gowon and the other Nigerian commanders during the civil war will be put in proper perspective.
“The slaughter of 3 million Biafran civilians in that war is the greatest act of black on black genocide in human history.
“I cannot celebrate the birth of a man who presided over such carnage and neither can I describe him as a hero.
“Nigeria cannot make much progress or truly prosper until she apologises to the Igbo and Biafrans for the great evil that we visited upon them during the civil war.”
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Adeshewa Bedspreads and Duvet rolls out Christmas Promo
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today