In furthering efforts to forestall future accidents around Toll Gate in Otta, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has directed that measures be put in place.
According to the Governor, the Ogun State Public Works Agency (OGPWA) is to commence palliative work along the axis in order to ease the flow of traffic on the road.
After he observed that the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) frequently had cars parked along the road, especially during their routine stop-and-search operation, the Governor said, “Those vehicles that the FRSC usually have parked by the roadside contribute to gridlock and pose danger to unsuspecting motorists.”
Governor Abiodun has therefore issued a “no parking” directive to the Corps.
Already, officers of the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) are in the area, controlling traffic and to possibly move roadside traders from right of way.
The Governor disclosed that the State Government was working on providing necessary equipment for the Fire Services.
“We are going to ensure that our firefighters are adequately equipped in order to promptly respond to emergencies within their jurisdiction,” he said.
Prince Dapo Abiodun added that the Government was engaging federal MDAs concerned with road maintenance, primarily to avoid duplication of exercise.
According to him, “We are engaging the Federal Ministry of Works and the Federal Road Maintenance Agency in such a manner that whenever we have a peculiar reason to work on roads within their coverage, we would alert them while TRACE officers manage traffic during the repair work.”
The Governor advised the general public to avoid habits that contribute to the damage of roads such as the dumping of refuse in drainages. He also urged motorists to adhere to traffic rules and avoid pouring harmful chemicals and products on the asphalt surface of roads.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Abiodun Sets Up OGWAMA to Fight Dirty Environment
Hadiza lied! We never Attacked NPA MD – OMSL
WINNERS OF 2019 FIRSTBANK SPONSORED NATIONAL COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION CONTEST IN THE AFRICA COMPANY OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
2023 : Tinubu Media Team (TMT 2023) Holds National Executives Inaugural Meeting In Abuja
Bill To Amendment Teachers Registration Council Act Awaits Second Reading
Cover Of The Week
- “Sandie Beach Rugby 2019 Promises To Be Fun”- Mr. Ayo Johnson, CEO Turbocrest Sport December 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Blitzboks to face Argentina in Dubai quarter-finals December 6, 2019
- Ghana Rugby and Societe Generale Ends 2019 "Get Into Rugby" On High Note In Accra December 6, 2019
- African Impact Accelerator Launched in Cape Town to Support Ocean Economy Innovation December 6, 2019
- African Development Bank President wins All Africa Business Leaders Awards ™ 2019 African of the Year award December 6, 2019
- Former President Koroma hosts The Chairman of Horasis December 6, 2019
- Keystone Radiology Partners with GE Healthcare to Advance Diagnostic Services at MooiMed Private Hospital December 6, 2019
- African Development Fund (ADF-15) replenishment: Donors commit $7.6 billion, a 32% boost from last replenishment, in support of Africa’s low-income, fragile, countries December 6, 2019
- Pole position at stake as Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) and Leos face off in Kakamega December 6, 2019
- Derby day in Nairobi and Kakamega as Mwamba host Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) December 6, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .