In furthering efforts to forestall future accidents around Toll Gate in Otta, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has directed that measures be put in place.
According to the Governor, the Ogun State Public Works Agency (OGPWA) is to commence palliative work along the axis in order to ease the flow of traffic on the road.
After he observed that the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) frequently had cars parked along the road, especially during their routine stop-and-search operation, the Governor said, “Those vehicles that the FRSC usually have parked by the roadside contribute to gridlock and pose danger to unsuspecting motorists.”
Governor Abiodun has therefore issued a “no parking” directive to the Corps.
Already, officers of the Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) are in the area, controlling traffic and to possibly move roadside traders from right of way.
The Governor disclosed that the State Government was working on providing necessary equipment for the Fire Services.
“We are going to ensure that our firefighters are adequately equipped in order to promptly respond to emergencies within their jurisdiction,” he said.
Prince Dapo Abiodun added that the Government was engaging federal MDAs concerned with road maintenance, primarily to avoid duplication of exercise.
According to him, “We are engaging the Federal Ministry of Works and the Federal Road Maintenance Agency in such a manner that whenever we have a peculiar reason to work on roads within their coverage, we would alert them while TRACE officers manage traffic during the repair work.”
The Governor advised the general public to avoid habits that contribute to the damage of roads such as the dumping of refuse in drainages. He also urged motorists to adhere to traffic rules and avoid pouring harmful chemicals and products on the asphalt surface of roads.
Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 13 July 2020 July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 595 new cases of COVID-19 Nigeria July 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (12th July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: NiCaDe activities to support COVID-19 response in Nigeria July 13, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) Launches Enterprise Development for Women-Owned Ventures in Green Energy Startup Incubator – Call for Applications Announced July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update for South Africa (12 July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Induction of Rapid Response Vehicles for COVID-19 response in Kenya July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Sudan: UNMISS donates COVID-19 personal protection equipment to South Sudanese police July 13, 2020
- International Labour Organization (ILO) Global Summit builds commitment to create better world of work after COVID-19 July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 13 July 2020 July 13, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education1 month ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries