By Ifeoma Ikem
Operatives of the Lagos State Task Force assaulted a journalist, Mr Kasali Akinwale of The Source magazine, around Ikeja Along axis of Lagos State.
The incident happened during an early morning raid on Okada riders around the railway line Ikeja along area in a commando style where they also indiscriminately chased passers-by and pedestrians around the area.
In the ensuing melee, a fleeing okada rider was almost knocked to death by a bus.
The victim who witnessed the scene while approaching the operatives was severely beaten, teargassed, had his clothes torn before been bundled into the waiting black Maria for daring to intervene.
Speaking to Sahara weekly online,the brutalised journalist Akinwale Kasali explained that, they wanted to apprehend an okada man, as they were chasing him, he was almost knocked down by an oncoming bus.
He approached the policemen that they should be careful in the cause of carrying out their duties. instead they pounced on him, teargassed his face and started beating him severely.
He said that the task force men also threatened that they were ready to rope him and send him to prison, nothing that they know he was a journalist that he should do whatever he likes adding that they were in the order of the state Governor Mr Babajide Sanwo Olu.
Remarks shows that one ACP Sars in an occasion also explained his ordeal while driving that the way they treated a woman during which the task force men were carrying out their duties was too bad.
Anonymously, a lady who does not want her name mentioned, conformed that the state government should caution the task because what they go about saying is that the order was from the state Governor.
Cover Of The Week
- Blitzboks own up to under-par performances in New Zealand (NZ) January 26, 2020
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria