The Deputy Majority Leader of the Senate, Prof. Ajayi Boroffice has said he visits his hometown, Oka – Akoko in Ondo State regularly while dismissing media report suggesting otherwise as utterly misleading.
The attention of the media bureau of Prof. Ajayi Boroffice has been drawn to a media report suggesting the senator can no longer travel to his hometown in Ondo State because of kidnappers.
The said media report is utterly misleading as it did not reflect the crux, essence and meaning of what the senator said when he visited the Akure residence of Pa Reuben Fasoranti whose daughter was killed by gunmen. The misleading report seems more like offside interpretation and off-key inference.
Instructively the senator visited his hometown recently and he will visit his hometown by this weekend and next week to attend scheduled political engagements and community activities. Thus, the suggestion that he can no longer travel to his hometown does not represent the truth.
Meanwhile, it should be noted that when Senator Ajayi Boroffice spoke with reporters in Akure, he emphasized the enormity of security challenges and made reference to a spot near Oba Akoko which is said to be regular operational base of gunmen.
During the engagement with reporters, the senator also said government will find sustainable solutions to the menace. He called for synergy among security agencies and advised security agencies to work closely with space agencies to ensure accurate mapping of possible locations and hideouts of criminals in Ondo State and Nigeria in general.
Media Aide to Prof. Ajayi Boroffice, OON.
15th July, 2019.
Cover Of The Week
- Blitzboks in troubled waters in Hamilton January 25, 2020
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
- Polio - Free Certification - The Africa Regional Certification Commission starts a verification exercise in South Sudan January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria