The Deputy Majority Leader of the Senate, Prof. Ajayi Boroffice has said he visits his hometown, Oka – Akoko in Ondo State regularly while dismissing media report suggesting otherwise as utterly misleading.
The attention of the media bureau of Prof. Ajayi Boroffice has been drawn to a media report suggesting the senator can no longer travel to his hometown in Ondo State because of kidnappers.
The said media report is utterly misleading as it did not reflect the crux, essence and meaning of what the senator said when he visited the Akure residence of Pa Reuben Fasoranti whose daughter was killed by gunmen. The misleading report seems more like offside interpretation and off-key inference.
Instructively the senator visited his hometown recently and he will visit his hometown by this weekend and next week to attend scheduled political engagements and community activities. Thus, the suggestion that he can no longer travel to his hometown does not represent the truth.
Meanwhile, it should be noted that when Senator Ajayi Boroffice spoke with reporters in Akure, he emphasized the enormity of security challenges and made reference to a spot near Oba Akoko which is said to be regular operational base of gunmen.
During the engagement with reporters, the senator also said government will find sustainable solutions to the menace. He called for synergy among security agencies and advised security agencies to work closely with space agencies to ensure accurate mapping of possible locations and hideouts of criminals in Ondo State and Nigeria in general.
Media Aide to Prof. Ajayi Boroffice, OON.
15th July, 2019.
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others