JIM OVIA URGES EMEFIELE TO CREATE THE ENABLING ENVIRONMENT THAT WILL EMPOWER THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS
The Chairman/Founder of Zenith Bank Plc, Mr. Jim Ovia(CON), has called on the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele (CON) to create the enabling environment through the institution of various initiatives that support financial inclusion to help empower and blossom the Nigerian youths.
Jim Ovia made the call in his welcome remarks at a reception at the Civic Centre organized by the private sector in honour of the CBN Governor, following a family thanksgiving service held on Sunday, July 14, 2019 at the Catholic Church of Assumption, Falomo, Lagos.
According to Mr. Ovia, though the CBN, and the Federal Government have been working tirelessly to implement various strategic development programmes, what has been done so far, is not enough. In his opinion, there is a need to empower the youths to become the creators of jobs and employers of labor, as opposed to them only being job seekers.
He urged the CBN helmsman to fully encourage financial inclusion and initiate more programmes that will create employment for the Nigerian youths, empowering them to be innovative and creative in utilizing their God-given talents in various industries including but not limited to agriculture, fintech, technology and the creative industries. He added that the implementation of these initiatives, which are in line with the World Bank and United Nations backed programmes all over the world, will significantly reduce poverty and unemployment in our country.
He also thanked the CBN Governor for the recent financing and funding initiatives which banks are mandated to fully support to empower the Nigerian youths.
Godwin Emefiele became the Governor of the CBN on June 2, 2014, mounting the saddle as the 11th CBN Chief and its 10th indigenous Governor. Following the successes of the policies and programmes which he introduced in his first term, he was in June, 2019 reappointed by President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term of five years, becoming the first CBN Chief to be reappointed for a second term since the country returned to civilian rule in 1999.
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others