The Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has disclosed that Plans were underway to have a Chinese company invest in the agricultural sector of the state through the Public Private Partnership Program.
Prince Abiodun who made this known in his office in Oke-Mosan, when he received a team from the Africa Development bank who were on 3 day visit to the state, said that his government was much aligned to investors coming in their large numbers into the state.
The governor affirmed his administrations plan to backwardly integrate into the Central Bank of Nigeria frame work which he said was meant to ban the provision of foreign exchange to some food items.
Abiodun said that once foreign exchange was removed from food items like rice, maize and cassava, the local demand for the items would be stimulated,thereby helping to stimulate the local production of the items.
He noted that his administration would be focused on producing cassava, rice and maize, with the believe that the focus would help to stimulate the local economy as their won’t be foreign exchange.
He added that the state government would be engaging the Central Bank through its different programs and also issue Certificate of Ownership to the farmers
” We in Ogun state are keyed in on these items, these food items are going to be our items of focus, our produce of focus, our crops of focus, we are going to be focused on producing cassava,rice and maize, believing that will stimulate local production, since their won’t be forex for them.
” We have engaged the Central Bank of Nigeria and they have different programs like the anchor borrowers program, the Accelerated Agriculture Development Scheme, the Agro SMI Program, so we will provide the land for our youths and cooperative, we will give them the certificate of ownership for those lands, as it will give them a sense of ownership,” he said
Abiodun also said that his administration was poised to grow crops and go into the business of producing live stocks ranging from poultry and fishery, adding that with all the problems that was currently bewildering the country in the area of cattle and ranching, the state government had decided to have its own ranch and world class abattoir.
” In view of all the issues that we have with cattle and ranching in the country today, we have resolved we are going to have our own ranch in Ogun state, we believe that we can have our ranch, a world class ranch, a world class abattoir that can provide beef services to supermarkets, individuals,” he said.
In his remarks, the leader of the African Development Bank, Oladapo Olagoke, said that the bank was looking at how it could use the agricultural potentials of the state to empower its people, adding that the bank has come up with a ‘Next Steps’ model, which he said would help to take the discussion to a point of reality.
Olagoke disclosed that the bank was also willing to turn the state into the hub for Agro Industrialization in the country by using the state as an example to others in terms of creation of jobs for youths and how they could incorporate and develop programs that would empower the private sector to drive the agenda of agricultural transformation in the state.
TRAVEL GIANT PHEMNICK VISITS ORPHANAGE … CELEBRATES ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN NIGERIA
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others