The Secretary of the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hon Lanre Ogunyemi has expressed strong reservations on the current crisis in the state House of Assembly.
Ogunyemi, a two-term former member of the House decried the turn of events in the House noting that the party leadership should have been consulted before action taken on Monday, 9 March, against four members of the House.
It would be recalled that on Monday, the House members removed two Principal Officers: Hon Olumuyiwa Jimoh, Apapa 2, Deputy Majority Leader; and Hon Rotimi Abiru, Somolu 2, Chief Whip while two other members: Hon Moshood Olanrewaju Oshun, Lagos Mainland 2; and Hon Kazeem Adewale Raheem, Ibeju Lekki 2 were suspended Indefinitely.
Speaking on the matter, Ogunyemi stated that the House members may have applied the disciplinary tool wrongly, saying, “if disciplinary tool will be applied in accordance with House Rules, suspended and deposed members should have been given benefit of fair hearing via appearance before a panel to ensure that allegations of insubordination and gross misconduct are proven.
“Furthermore, all members of the House are products of the party and it is expected that they would explore leadership and party machinery on the matter before arriving at their far reaching decision”.
Ogunyemi also querried the legality or otherwise of the members’ decision, stressing that members should have examined the legality or otherwise of suspending another member Indefinitely.
The APC Secretary stated that in the coming days, the party leadership will take a decision on the matter with a view to finding an amicable solution to the crisis.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by Counties (1 December 2020) December 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 updates (1 December 2020) December 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (1 December 2020) December 2, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: COVID-19 Update (1 December 2020) December 2, 2020
- Nestlé partners with Nomanini and Standard Bank to empower informal retail traders across the Eastern and Southern Africa Region December 2, 2020
- LaLiga signs Mondia group as strategic technology and commercial partner for Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific December 2, 2020
- African Energy Chamber projects Africa’s Power Demand to Keep Rising Between 4-5% per year December 2, 2020
- African Development Bank Board approves People Strategy for 2021-2025 December 2, 2020
- Financial services brands foster a community spirit to drive innovation (By Nikolai Stankau) December 2, 2020
- Vertiv Ranked as Global Leader in Rapidly Evolving Data Center Cooling Market December 2, 2020
Politics6 days ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro3 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports3 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi