By Ifeoma Ikem
Following the incessant abuse of power and conducts of Police Officers in Lagos state, the state command has awarded various degree of punishments to 41 officers and dismissed four.
This was disclosed by the command spoke person DSP Bala Elkana, through a press statement that the above Police Officers involved in the shooting of Ada Ifeanyi and Emmanuel Akomafuwa around Olodi Apapa area of Lagos have been arrested and detained….CP vowed that the perpetrators must be punished.
According to him,the Lagos State commissioner of police, Zubairu Muazu mni has ordered the immediate arrest and detention of Police Officers suspected to be involved in the shooting of victims Ada Ifeanyi ‘f’ 20yrs old of No 4b Amusa Lane off Ojo road Ajegunle and Emmanuel Akomafuwa ‘m’ 32yrs old of No. 52 Babatunde Street Olodi Apapa, at Akpiri Street, Olodi Apapa,the incident happened on 13th April, 2019 at about 7.00am.
The victims were rushed to hospital and Ada Ifeanyi was confirmed dead while Emmanuel Akomafuwa is currently on admission receiving treatment from the injury he sustained as a result of the shooting.
Members of the team suspected to be involved in the shooting are from Trinity Police Station and are currently facing internal disciplinary proceedings at the Command Headquarters Ikeja.
Their Rifles have been retrieved for forensic analysis by Ballisticians. If found wanting, they will be prosecuted in conventional Court for Murder.
The Policemen arrested are (1) Inspector Adamu Usman (2) Sergeant Adeyeye Adeoye (3) Sergeant Kashim Tijani (4) Sergeant Lucky Akigbe and (5) Sergeant Paul Adeoye while Inspector Dania Ojo who escaped immediately after the shooting incident is declared wanted by the Command.
Lagos State Police Command condemned in total these senseless killings of unarmed civilians by few ‘bad eggs ‘ in the Command, who are bend towards denting the image and reputation of the Nation’s Police Force. The Command will not relent in its efforts in ridding the force off these criminal elements. Those involved in extra judicial killings and abuse of power are promptly identified, isolated, tried through internal disciplinary proceedings, dismissed from service and prosecuted in conventional Courts within the last one month,
The four dismissed Policemen were charged to Court and remanded in prison custody. Our collective resolve in building a more humane, professional, dedicated, courageous and people oriented Police Force is a task that must be done and together we can make it a reality.
The Commissioner of Police extends the Command’s deepest condolences to the family and friends of Ada Ifeanyi and promised to foot the medical bills of Emmanuel Akomafuwa. The CP calls for calm as the Command will leave no stone untouched in ensuring that Justice prevails.
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS