Connect with us

society

Matawalle Delivers President Tinubu’s Message to Nigerian Troops in Zamfa

Published

on

Matawalle Delivers President Tinubu’s Message to Nigerian Troops in Zamfara

…Vows to End Remnants of Bandits in Northwest

The Honourable Minister of State for Defence, Dr. Bello Muhammed Matawalle, has delivered a strong message from President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to troops of Operation FANSAN YAMMA at the North-West Theatre Command Headquarters in Gusau, Zamfara State, charging them to completely eliminate the remaining remnants of bandits terrorising the region.

Speaking on Friday shortly after observing Juma’at prayers at the Command Mosque, Dr. Matawalle conveyed President Tinubu’s deep appreciation for the troops’ patriotism, courage, and remarkable successes in decimating bandit formations across the Northwest.

“Mr. President specifically asked me to tell you that you have done exceedingly well,” he said.

“Most of the key bandit leaders and their foot soldiers have been neutralised through your gallant effort.

“What remains now are a few scattered elements, and the Commander-in-Chief has directed that these remnants must be wiped out completely.

“He assures you of every necessary support — logistics, equipment, welfare, and morale — to finish the job.”

Dr. Matawalle, who was received on arrival by the Theatre Commander, Major-General Warrah Bello Idris, praised the troops for their resilience and professionalism, describing their sacrifices as the bedrock of the gradual return of peace to Zamfara and neighbouring states.

He reiterated the Federal Government’s commitment to providing all required resources, including enhanced welfare packages, modern platforms, and real-time intelligence, to sustain the momentum of the counter-insurgency campaign.

The Theatre Commander, Major-General Idris, welcomed the ministerial visit as a morale booster and a clear demonstration of President Tinubu’s personal interest in the welfare and operational success of troops in the Northwest.

During an operational briefing, the Minister was updated on recent successes, including the neutralisation of high-value targets and the reclamation of several communities previously under bandit control.

In a direct address to hundreds of officers and soldiers drawn up on the parade ground, Dr. Matawalle charged them to remain vigilant, disciplined, and focused, stressing that total victory over banditry in the Northwest is now within reach.

“Your sacrifices will never be in vain. The President is proud of you, the nation is proud of you, and very soon, the people of this region will sleep with their two eyes closed,” he declared.

With the dry season operations intensifying, security analysts believe the renewed presidential backing and ministerial reassurance will galvanise troops towards delivering a decisive blow that will finally end the decade-long banditry scourge in Nigeria’s Northwest.

news

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

Published

on

Ramadan 2026: Let’s Be United, Shina Akanni Urges Muslims.

 

As Muslims all over the world begins the 30 days compulsory fasting and prayer today,top Fuji Musician Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido has congratulates them for witnessing another month of Ramadan.

 

Akanni advised them to follow the teachings of the the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) which is peaceful co existence among themselves and their neighbor ‘because Islam is Religion of peace”.

 

He said the month of Ramadan is an holy month therefore Muslims should try as much as they can to maintain peaceful coexistence among themselves and others and that they should see themselves as ambassador of peace.

 

While praying for Nigeria,Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido said he believes that there will be an economic turnaround soon because what’s is happening now are signs of thought times that never last “if we can pecevere things will get better”.

 

The Scorpido crooner who recently released a hip hop single titled “Magbelo” said he is currently working on a complete album which will be released before the end of the year.

 

Aare Sir Shina Akanni Aroworeyin Scorpido whose last album ‘ABCD” is still in hot demand said that his next album will be a pot pouri of all kinds of music because his brand of Fuji music is a blend Fuji , Hip-hop,Apala ,Highlife and others.

Continue Reading

society

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

Published

on

Ajiran Youth Protest Over Deaths of Two Residents, Demand Justice

 

The Ajiran community of Lagos State erupted in a powerful protest on Tuesday as local youths took to the streets to express their grief and anger over the tragic murders of Prince Ademola Akintoye and Sherrif Agboworin. The demonstration follows the recent decision to reopen the murder case, an investigation that has already led to the arrest of over nine suspects in connection with the heinous crimes committed more than a year ago.

Carrying vibrant banners and poignant posters featuring the faces of the deceased, the protesters marched through the heart of their community while singing somber dirges to honor their memory. With chants of unity and justice ringing in the air, they called on both the Lagos State Government and the Lagos State Police Command to ensure that those responsible are swiftly and decisively brought to justice.

The youth leaders emphasized that peace and normalcy will remain elusive in Ajiran until all those complicit in the killings are held accountable. They articulated that true justice is the only way to restore tranquility and honor the lives of Akintoye and Agboworin, whom they described as innocent victims of a grave injustice.

Speaking on behalf of the demonstrators, youth leader Mr. Kehinde Oladele urged law enforcement to conduct a thorough and fair investigation. He asserted that every individual involved including the nine arrested suspects must face the full extent of the law. Especially Hammed Tajudeen, the principal suspect mentioned by others in custody, whom they believe should not escape scrutiny.

“The reopening of this case after more than a year is a critical first step towards achieving justice and fairness for our brothers,” Oladele said. “We urge the police to get to the root of the matter. Those mentioned during the investigation, especially Hammed Tajudeen, should not be spared.”

The atmosphere in the community grew increasingly tense last week following speculation that prominent businessman Aare Bashir Olawale Fakorede was implicated in the unrest. The speculation appeared to stem from his alleged influence on the reopening of the murder investigation. This misunderstanding escalated when a group of protesters targeted his filling station in Ikate, vandalizing his properties and disrupting business operations in the gas station based on the false assumption that Fakorede was behind the police’s renewed inquiries.

In response to the rising tensions and misinformation, Fakorede’s spokesperson, Ola Muhammed, issued a comprehensive statement denying any connection between Fakorede and the unrest. The spokesperson emphasized that rumors suggesting the businessman orchestrated the revival of the murder case were completely unfounded.

“I feel it is crucial to clarify, for the sake of transparency and historical accuracy, that this entire ordeal is in no way related to me,” Fakorede stated. “I am also very interested to see that the culprits are brought to book. I categorically affirm that I have never been involved in any business dealings with Mr. Hammed Tajudeen.”

Fakorede further elaborated that the recent protests which led to the destruction of his property were reportedly instigated by Tajudeen and others who seem determined to manipulate the narrative and cast suspicion upon him. Fakorede expressed his own strong commitment to uncovering the truth surrounding the deaths.

As the police investigation progresses, it has become increasingly apparent that all accusing fingers are pointing to Hammed Tajudeen who is currently evading capture, adding another layer of complexity and urgency to the ongoing situation. Community members have questioned why he remains at large instead of submitting himself to the police for questioning if he is truly innocent of the allegations against him.

Community leaders are now emphasizing the need for dialogue to address the root causes of the unrest and work toward restoring harmony within Ajiran, even as the demand for justice remains at the forefront of public consciousness.

Continue Reading

society

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

Published

on

Ramadan: Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Boss Greets Muslims

 

As the holy month of Ramadan begins across the globe, the Chief Executive Officer of Al-Yusuff International Travels and Tours Limited, Dr. Abdulmajeed Oladele, has extended his heartfelt greetings to Muslims worldwide.

In his message, the respected business mogul expressed gratitude to Almighty Allah for the privilege of witnessing this year’s sacred month.

“We glorify Allah for granting us the grace and opportunity to witness this year’s month of blessings. Ramadan is a sacred and special month for all Muslims, a month greater than many others, filled with piety, mercy, and abundant blessings.

I congratulate all Muslims across the world. Let us faithfully observe the requirements of Ramadan. May Allah (SWT) grant our heart’s desires and make this period easy and rewarding for us all.”

Dr. Oladele urged Muslims to embrace the spiritual significance of Ramadan through devotion, charity, self-discipline, and prayers for peace and prosperity.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending