Connect with us

society

Mohbad Will Get Justice When His Family Members Are Ready …Turkey Based Activist, Tenny Omoologo

Published

on

Mohbad Will Get Justice When His Family Members Are Ready

Turkey Based Activist, Tenny Omoologo

 

Turkey-based Nigerian activist and blogger, Beatrice Opeyemi a.k.a. Tenny Omo Ologo, had a brief chat with select journalists about her experience as an independent justice advocate, former member of the Yoruba Nation movement, justice for Mohbad proponent, and more. Excerpts…

 

Tell us briefly about yourself.

I am Beatrice Opeyemi popularly known as Tenny Omoologo.

 

Did you leave Nigeria for Turkey in search of greener pastures?

Yes, I left Nigeria for Turkey for greener pastures. I am into private businesses.

 

You became a known face on the internet during the ‘Yoruba Nation’ struggle; tell us about your experiences at that time as a female.

You’re not far from the truth. But I have been on the internet before the Yoruba Nation struggle. However, it is the Yoruba Nation saga that made me more popular. My experience taking part in the Yoruba Nation struggle was quite challenging. It was life-threatening. But I thank God I’m still alive.

 

How did you become a member of the Yoruba Nation movement?

I joined the Yoruba Nation movement in 2020. I was approached by a group to join the struggle because they knew that I had been speaking about the Nigerian leadership situation on my own. They said they wanted me to join them and add my voice as a Yoruba to advocate for an independent Yoruba nation. I agreed with them because it was my passion to talk about Yoruba liberation and better life for all Nigerians. The challenge started when the EndSars protest came amid the campaign for Yoruba Nation. That protest was timely because it was actually about ending bad governance. So, it was a sort of liberation call. On my Facebook live programme, I was showing and analyzing the EndSars activities live. This didn’t go down well with some people who are pro-government. So, they would come on my show to attack, abuse and curse me.

 

Did you ever suffer a physical attack?

It happened on December 26, 2020. I left home to get a laptop for my programme because the phone I was using was already full. And I had a lot of information that I needed more gadgets to be able to accommodate them. Before then, I had been hearing that some people were paid $100 each to track and physically assault me. I didn’t believe it until that incident happened. So, while on my way to get the laptop after exchanging the forex I wanted to use, I spotted three men and overheard one of them saying ‘that is Tenny Omoologo passing along’ I was shocked. So I increased the pace of my movement. It was already getting dark. But as I tried to change the direction of my route, I saw the men getting into a vehicle. The vehicle went to make a u-turn, came back suddenly and hit me. I fell on the road and hit my head on the ground. I was conscious for close to one hour. When I became conscious, I found a lot of people around me who later helped me to the hospital where the bruises on my face, head and mouth were stitched.

 

Did that stop you from the campaign?

Not at all. I was not deterred. I continued talking about Yoruba liberation. It was after that that Chief Sunday Igboho visited Igangan to chase the Fulani herdsmen out. It was after that that Chief Igboho’s house was attacked by the DSS. In April 2021 before the attack, I had a vision and warned Chief Igboho to be very careful. Also on June 20, 2021, I had information that Igboho’s life had been paid for. I made a lot of noise about it but people were against me thinking I was raising a false alarm, including fellow freedom fighters. I said then that Chief Igboho must not ignore the warning because if he escaped the attack, he may end up in captivity and spend more than one year. It came to pass. When Igboho’s members were arrested and taken to Abuja, it was through my personal efforts that they were later released. I did a fundraiser and got a lot of money that was used for their court case until they were freed. After Igboho was arrested, most of the Yoruba Nation members ran away. Only me and a few others stayed. I was the one begging those that left to come back, telling them it was wrong to abandon the struggle at a time like that. But for all I did I was still betrayed and treated like an outcast. After that I got information that I was the next target of the government attack. I ignored the warning and continued with the campaign. But I stopped going out. I was just doing my thing within my premises. Again, in March 2022, I left home and saw those guys again. They ordered me into a vehicle. I refused and they bundled me into the vehicle and burned my laps with hot iron. Those are a few of the challenges. There were many.

 

Were you part of the group that declared Yoruba Nation independence in Ibadan?

When in 2022, they told me that they were going to declare Yoruba Nation with Dupe Onitiri and others, I saw it as a joke. On December 20, 2022, I was invited to a meeting. Some of them were already campaigning for Tinubu to be president. They called themselves ‘Asiwaju Bloggers’. I didn’t join the meeting in time. When I decided to join, I changed my profile picture and name and joined the zoom meeting. They never knew it was me. That was how I discovered that the zoom meeting was meant to drum up support for Tinubu. People at that meeting were topmost Yoruba Nation campaigners. At the meeting they decided to use their platforms to campaign for Tinubu and agreed that if Tinubu did not win the presidential election, they would return to the Yoruba Nation struggle. I was shocked and shed tears because of the calibre of people I saw at that meeting.

 

Did you find out if those people were campaigning for Tinubu without the knowledge of the Yoruba Nation movement leaders?

I did. I sent a message to the person that introduced me to the group asking if Sunday Igboho and Pa Bani Akintoye were aware of the group’s campaign for Tinubu and the person said yes they knew about it. I was amazed. So I withdrew. When there were issues between them later, some people wanted me to fight on the side of Igboho and I said I couldn’t. Instead of siding with any of them, I used some episodes of my show to expose how they have turned the Yoruba Nation movement to a political platform. I told the public to stop donating money to the struggle. That was how they launched a series of attacks against me. It got to the extent that I was almost deported back to Nigeria in April 2023. Those experiences gave me the opportunity to discover that the Yoruba Nation struggle was a scam, mere plot to enrich some people. It wasn’t a genuine liberation movement. They are using it for politics and to defraud people abroad. Most of the members who were poor became very rich overnight.

 

 

You appear to some people as a traditionalist. What exactly is your religion and what religion were you born into?

My mother is from a Muslim home. My father is a Christian and I am married to a Christian. But as a Yoruba I value Yoruba traditions. Christianity is Jew’s religion and Islam is Arab’s religion. I would say that I belong to the three popular religions. Islam, Christianity and traditional worship. It’s left for people to assess me.

 

You became more popular as one of the voices fighting for justice for Mohbad; why did you decide to join the Mohbad warriors group?

I am a human rights activist. I became a fighter for justice for Mohbad by chance. I traveled to Cairo. I was in a market there when I received a call from someone who asked if I had heard about a young Nigerian musician who just died. I have never heard of Mohbad. So I searched the news on Google and saw RIP all over and his music videos have spread everywhere on the internet. I became more interested when on the second day the young guy was taken for burial and when his casket was opened, we saw that his body was stuffed in the casket and his neck was broken. People were already talking about the family and the wife’s negligence or culpability. Besides, Mohbad’s label owner, Naira Marley, were also mentioned and also Sam Larry. Unfortunately, Sam Larry made a post after Mohabd was buried suggesting that he had been buried and there was no more issue or something like that. That was how I took it upon myself to use my platform to fight for justice for the young man.

 

 

Are you disappointed that one year and four months after Mohbad’s death, justice is still not in sight, and what is your hope?

I am very disappointed. First of all, I would put the blame on the Lagos State government. When Mohbad was exhumed, the Lagos State government promised to investigate his death and ensure that justice was done. We wouldn’t be at this stage of stress and disappointment if the government had done the right thing on the boy’s death. As a Nigerian citizen I am deeply saddened and embarrassed that the Nigerian government does not act on matters that affect its citizens. Secondly, as a mother, I am disappointed in the parents of Mohbad and his entire family. We have not been able to get justice for Mohbad’s death because his father, mother, wife and other members of his family were selfish and greedy.

 

Please, share some of the challenges you faced fighting for justice for Mohbad.

The challenges are numerous. There is a diversity of opinions and it’s tough responding, coordinating and pleasing people. The other challenge is fishing out the anti-justice and fake justice seekers in the ‘Justice For Mohbad’ fight.

 

You are very beautiful and have a unique sense of style. Please, tell us your fashion routine.

God made me beautiful (laughs). I took beauty after my parents, especially my mother. I am bulky just like my parents. In fashion, I’m stylishly traditional. I love dressing in aso oke and other Yoruba traditional wears with beads.

society

Governor Dauda Lawal Commissions 25 Armoured Personnel Carriers, Aerial Surveillance Drones to Combat Insecurity

Published

on

Governor Dauda Lawal Commissions 25 Armoured Personnel Carriers, Aerial Surveillance Drones to Combat Insecurity

Governor Dauda Lawal Commissions 25 Armoured Personnel Carriers, Aerial Surveillance Drones to Combat Insecurity

 

 

In a major boost to the fight against banditry and insecurity in Zamfara State and the North-West Zone, Zamfara State Governor, His Excellency, Dr Dauda Lawal, on Wednesday commissioned 25 new Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) and sets of surveillance drones for the military and other security agencies operating in the state.

 

The event, which took place in Gusau, was part of the state government’s ongoing effort to provide structured logistical support to frontline security forces and combat insurgency, banditry, and protect lives and properties. Speaking at the commissioning and handover, Governor Lawal emphasised that the new assets are intended to enhance troop protection during high-risk deployments and improve rapid response capabilities in remote communities, ensuring tactical battle and overhead surveillance for victory.

Governor Dauda Lawal Commissions 25 Armoured Personnel Carriers, Aerial Surveillance Drones to Combat Insecurity

“We have provided over 600 specialised motorcycles, 150 Hilux vehicles, and 20 Buffalo vehicles to our security forces. These 25 highly sophisticated APCs being commissioned today are therefore part of a broader reform to improve response to security threats. The APC’s significantly improves troop protection during deployments into high-risk areas. They reduce vulnerability during patrols, support convoy security along major routes, and strengthen rapid response capability when distress calls arise from remote communities.” the Governor stated.

 

Governor Lawal explained that the security challenges of recent years had disrupted farming, limited trade, and undermined public confidence across the state. He noted that his administration’s “Rescue Mission” agenda has focused on moving from fragmented responses to structured reforms, including the establishment of a Zamfara State Security Trust Fund and the operationalisation of Community Protection Guards to improve grassroots intelligence.

 

The Governor specifically highlighted the importance of integrating modern technology into security operations. He noted that the newly acquired drones would expand aerial surveillance, improve situational awareness, and support better coordination between command centres and troops in the field.

 

“Real-time information strengthens decision-making and reduces operational blind spots,” he added.

 

Governor Lawal however acknowledged the critical role of the Federal Government under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, noting that recent federal budgets have allocated over three trillion naira to defence, a commitment he said strengthens subnational stabilisation efforts.

 

He urged the military commanders and personnel receiving the equipment to ensure disciplined maintenance and intelligence-guided deployment. “Enhancing your safety enhances the safety of our communities,” he told the troops.

 

Governor Lawal also told the people of Zamfara that; his administration remains resolute in restoring enduring security and peace across every Local Government Area. “We will sustain preventive measures, strengthen patrol architecture in rural corridors, deepen inter-state intelligence collaboration across the North-West, and maintain fiscal prudence in security expenditure. Stabilisation will continue through structured planning, lawful enforcement, and institutional reform.”

 

The Governor also linked the security investment to economic recovery, stressing that stability in rural areas is essential for agricultural productivity, market activity, and food security.

 

The event was attended by the Honourable Minister of Defence, General Christopher Musa (Rtd.), who formally commissioned the assets for operational service. Governor Lawal reaffirmed his administration’s resolve to sustain preventive measures and inter-state security collaboration until lasting peace is restored across all Local Government Areas in Zamfara.

Continue Reading

society

Ramadan, Lent: Ajadi Urges Religious Harmony, Prayers for Nigeria

Published

on

Ramadan, Lent: Ajadi Urges Religious Harmony, Prayers for Nigeria

 

A leading governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State, Ambassador Olufemi Ajadi Oguntoyinbo, has extended warm felicitations to Muslims and Christians on the simultaneous commencement of Ramadan and Lent.

Ramadan, the Islamic holy month marked by 30 days of fasting and spiritual devotion, and Lent, the 40-day Christian season of fasting and reflection, began on the same day — a development Ajadi described as symbolic and spiritually significant.

In a statement personally signed by him on Wednesday, Ajadi congratulated adherents of both faiths and called for sustained religious tolerance, unity, and peaceful coexistence across the state and the country at large.

He described the coincidence in the commencement dates as a reminder of shared values between Islam and Christianity.

“The simultaneous commencement of Ramadan and Lent is a divine reminder that we all worship the same Almighty God. It is a call for unity, love, and mutual understanding among us,” he stated.

Ajadi urged Muslims and Christians to use the sacred periods of fasting and spiritual purification to pray fervently for Nigeria, especially in view of the nation’s economic and security challenges.

“Our country is facing significant hardship. The economic difficulties and prevailing insecurity require sincere prayers. This season of spiritual purification offers us a unique opportunity to seek God’s intervention for our nation,” he said.

He further emphasized that both Islam and Christianity preach peace, tolerance, and respect for constituted authority, urging citizens to embody these teachings in their daily lives.

“Let us live peacefully, tolerate one another, and continue to pray for those in leadership. Our faiths teach us to respect and uphold our leaders in prayer,” Ajadi added.

The PDP chieftain concluded by wishing Muslims a spiritually fulfilling Ramadan and Christians a reflective and enriching Lenten season, encouraging both communities to embrace love, sacrifice, and harmonious living throughout the sacred periods.

Continue Reading

society

Tinubu Seeks Nigerians Forgiveness During Ramadan, Calls for National Reconciliation

Published

on

Tinubu Seeks Nigerians Forgiveness During Ramadan, Calls for National Reconciliation

By George Omagbemi Sylvester | Published by SaharaWeeklyNG

“At State House Tafsir in Abuja, President urges unity, tolerance, and prayers for stability as he reaffirms commitment to tackling Nigeria’s economic and security challenges.”

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians for forgiveness over any perceived wrongdoing, urging citizens to embrace reconciliation and unity during the holy month of Ramadan.

Speaking during a Ramadan Tafsir held at the State House in Abuja, the President said, “If I have sinned against you, forgive me as Nigerians,” stressing the importance of forgiveness, tolerance, and national cohesion.

Tinubu noted that Ramadan represents a period of spiritual reflection, self-discipline, and compassion, calling on Nigerians to use the season to promote peace and mutual understanding across religious and ethnic divides.

The President also encouraged citizens to pray for the nation’s stability and progress, reaffirming his administration’s commitment to addressing economic and security challenges facing the country.

The Ramadan Tafsir, an annual religious gathering attended by government officials, Islamic scholars, and dignitaries, forms part of activities marking the fasting period observed by Muslims worldwide.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending