By Ifeoma ikem
The EzeNdigbo (Igbo 1) of Ogun State,Eze Willy Okonkwo Ejimnkeonye,has disclosed that Igbo indigenes and non-indigenes in the State will unite in unison to pray, and celebrate 2019 New Yam Festival .
According to Eze Ejimnkeonye, the celebration is not new, but a traditional culture handed down to Igbos from the Eastern parts of Nigeria, living, working or doing business across the world to unite especially with people from their host communities in peace, love, unity and progress.
He further stated that during the celebration, which is expected to hold on Sunday, September 15, 2019, at EzeNdigbo Palace, located at Abekoko area of Ogun State, where roasted yams served with African Salad and drinks, non- Igbo indigenes, all over the country, are welcome to attend and participate in the prayers and merriment.
Dignitaries expected to grace the occasion are: Prince Dapo Abiodun and Hon Kunle Taiwo, Oluomo, Governor and Speaker of Ogun State, respectively, whom Ejimnkeonye described as his bosom friends
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .