Lagos, May 13, 2019 – Ecobank Nigeria has announced the return of its financial inclusion and youth engagement tour across tertiary institutions in the country. This campus tour is geared at educating students about the various digital products available to them and encouraging easy adoption of these channels in a fun and exciting manner
Announcing the commencement of the second phase of the campus activation campaign, Ecobank Nigeria’s Head, Consumer Banking, Ayodele Osolake, said the activation train will berth at the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife during the new week and subsequently storm 12 other campuses, including University of Benin, Tai Solarin University in Ogun State, Federal University of Technology Minna, Ahmadu Bello University and Federal College of Education both in Zaria, University of Ibadan, and the Bayero University in Kano amongst other top institutions across the country.
According to Ayodele Osolake, Ecobank Management decided to continue with the digitization drive on campuses following the successes achieved during the last episode of the campaign, when thousands of youths were successfully boarded on the Ecobank digital platforms. “Showcasing our various digital products on offer to an increasingly digital audience is a perfect match; they have found it much easier and simpler to transact remotely, thus meeting up with their financial and lifestyle needs, without having to walk into a branch”.
“We are committed to visiting all institutions of higher learning in Nigeria with our engagement drive, so that all stakeholders within these systems will benefit from our pervasive digital banking services. I must say that the last edition of this campaign has warmed us more to the students, lecturers and other workers on the campuses visited, as they are now able to do banking just with their phones. Whether they are opening accounts, sending and receiving money, paying school fees and withdrawing cash without cards through the Ecobank Xpress cash. Parents and guardians are now able to transfer money to their children’s Ecobank accounts, which they can withdraw without a debit card at any Ecobank ATM (using Xpress Cash) or Xpress Point.
Further, she said during the activations the bank will set up free WiFi centres tagged the ‘Xpress Corner’, which will give the students free internet access and also afford them the chance to win exciting prizes. “We were highly impressed with the turnout of students during the last edition, and they in turn were so happy to find out about our products and services, they were keen to open Ecobank Accounts. We are a youth-friendly bank and must arm our youth with a key ingredient for success in life which is financial know-how .Our activation seeks to empower young people by offering them convenient, affordable and accessible financial services anytime, anywhere from their mobile, which is their primary mode of communication.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others