The Ogun State Area Command, Nigeria Customs Service, says it has generated N1.413bn N1.131bn revenue between 1st to 31st May 2019.
It added that it also seized 7000 bags of rice, 372 kegs of vegetable oil (25liters each), 3 units of motorcycles, 5 sacks, 1, 835 pairs of new and 264 pairs of used footwear, 3 bags of sugar (50kg each), 1 sack of secondhand clothing, 411 kegs of PMS (Petrol) of 25 litres and 38 vehicles which included smuggled ‘tokunbo’ cars and others used as means of conveyance of smuggled goods.
The Area Controller of the command, Michael Agbara, disclosed this on Tuesday at the Idiroko border office of the command.
Agbara said, “The seizure of over 7000 bags of rice for the month of May 2019 is the highest monthly seizures of rice made by the Command during the 2019 fiscal year.
“The aforementioned was achieved due to strategic enforcement measures put in place in line with the Federal Government Policy on Agricultural Development in the area of boosting local rice production.
“The Command will continue to dialogue, engage, sensitize and educate the public on social/economic implication of smuggling and on the other hand, the statutory functions of enforcing compliance with strict adherence to rules of engagement will not be relinquished”, he said.
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank