The Ogun State Area Command, Nigeria Customs Service, says it has generated N1.413bn N1.131bn revenue between 1st to 31st May 2019.
It added that it also seized 7000 bags of rice, 372 kegs of vegetable oil (25liters each), 3 units of motorcycles, 5 sacks, 1, 835 pairs of new and 264 pairs of used footwear, 3 bags of sugar (50kg each), 1 sack of secondhand clothing, 411 kegs of PMS (Petrol) of 25 litres and 38 vehicles which included smuggled ‘tokunbo’ cars and others used as means of conveyance of smuggled goods.
The Area Controller of the command, Michael Agbara, disclosed this on Tuesday at the Idiroko border office of the command.
Agbara said, “The seizure of over 7000 bags of rice for the month of May 2019 is the highest monthly seizures of rice made by the Command during the 2019 fiscal year.
“The aforementioned was achieved due to strategic enforcement measures put in place in line with the Federal Government Policy on Agricultural Development in the area of boosting local rice production.
“The Command will continue to dialogue, engage, sensitize and educate the public on social/economic implication of smuggling and on the other hand, the statutory functions of enforcing compliance with strict adherence to rules of engagement will not be relinquished”, he said.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS