The Ogun State Area Command, Nigeria Customs Service, says it has generated N1.413bn N1.131bn revenue between 1st to 31st May 2019.
It added that it also seized 7000 bags of rice, 372 kegs of vegetable oil (25liters each), 3 units of motorcycles, 5 sacks, 1, 835 pairs of new and 264 pairs of used footwear, 3 bags of sugar (50kg each), 1 sack of secondhand clothing, 411 kegs of PMS (Petrol) of 25 litres and 38 vehicles which included smuggled ‘tokunbo’ cars and others used as means of conveyance of smuggled goods.
The Area Controller of the command, Michael Agbara, disclosed this on Tuesday at the Idiroko border office of the command.
Agbara said, “The seizure of over 7000 bags of rice for the month of May 2019 is the highest monthly seizures of rice made by the Command during the 2019 fiscal year.
“The aforementioned was achieved due to strategic enforcement measures put in place in line with the Federal Government Policy on Agricultural Development in the area of boosting local rice production.
“The Command will continue to dialogue, engage, sensitize and educate the public on social/economic implication of smuggling and on the other hand, the statutory functions of enforcing compliance with strict adherence to rules of engagement will not be relinquished”, he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship