The Take it Back Movement, led by Omoyele Sowore, strongly condemns the recent suspension of DAAR Communications’ broadcasting licence by the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC).
The NBC issued a vague statement yesterday naming DAAR Communications’ partisan broadcasting as justification for the suspension and, by singling out this media house, has cemented itself in the public eye as an arm of oppression for the present government.
The public must be invited to look beyond the excuses offered by the Commission and ask why this particular media network has been penalised in this extreme way. News outlets that are not as critical of the current government enjoy the full cooperation of the NBC while DAAR Communications and similar media houses continue to find their businesses at the mercy of the Commission.
Today, the NBC has become a tool for partisan harassment. This undermines the notion of a free press. Singling out one media organisation with accusations of partisanship while ignoring the many outlets that are clearly organs and mouthpieces of the APC and the Buhari government is crass hypocrisy. The Take it Back Movement therefore believes that, in this age of new media, the Commission is moribund and should therefore be eliminated.
This recent act is part of an ongoing attack on the press and the constitutional right to free speech. In Buhari’s regime, we have witnessed the unlawful and unjust sanctions against media organisations and the arrests of several media personalities who have been bold enough to speak truth to power.
Time and again, Nigerian leadership have made it clear that they have no intention of acting in the best interest of the Nigerian masses or being called to account for any of their actions. As Nigeria continues to regress into absolute tyranny and totalitarianism, the Take it Back Movement is committed to the struggle to liberate and speak out against injustices wherever and whenever it can.
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank