The Organised Labour and Ogun State Government have agreed on the payment of #30,500 minimum wage for workers in the State with effect from 1st January, 2020.
In a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on the agreement reached and signed by the representatives of Organised Labour which comprised; Joint Negotiating Council (JNC), Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress ( TUC) and The Head of Service, Tpl (Mrs.) Amope Chokor, who led Government delegation, both parties also agreed on the Consequential Adjustment of 27 percent for grade level 07, GL 08 (20%), GL 09 (19%), GL 10 to 14 (15%) and GL 15 to 17 (14%).
Speaking after signing the MOU, the Head of Service commended the Organised Labour for their support and understanding within the past eight weeks of negotiation and thanked the Governor for the good gesture which would spur the workers to be more productive and efficient in their service delivery to the people of the State.
“We thank God for the past eight weeks and finally, we have agreed with the labour and we thank his Excellency, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, for approving #30,500 minimum wage for workers. We believe that this good gesture of Government will make our workers to be more productive and efficient, and it will translate to more effective service delivery in the State; so that the people can benefit from it” the HoS said.
Speaking on behalf of Organised Labour, the chairman, JNC, Comrade Olanrewaju Folorunsho thanked the Governor for taking the bold step in approving the minimum wage. While appreciating the workers for their patience during the negotiation, he charged them to reciprocate the gesture by working hard to bring more wealth to Ogun State.
On his part, the Chairman, NLC, Comrade Emmanuel Bankole said that the agreement was signed in the interest of the workers of the State after they considered its affordability and sustainability, saying that it would be a morale booster for the workers in general.
Cover Of The Week
- His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed receives Ethiopian PM February 17, 2020
- Empowering Health Workers on Child Growth Assessment February 17, 2020
- In a meeting with Egyptian Foreign Minister, Edgars Rinkēvičs discusses Latvian-Egyptian cooperation and developments in Libya February 17, 2020
- Africa Energy Forum 2020 to address Sustainable Development Goal on Energy (SDG7) and Impact of Energy Investment February 17, 2020
- UNMISS urges parties to form transitional government February 17, 2020
- SA Rugby to host U18 Elite Player Development camp February 17, 2020
- Turn your life into a gallery with Canon’s SELPHY SQUARE QX10 February 17, 2020
- Connect, share and store images and movies seamlessly with image.canon February 17, 2020
- U.S. Embassy graduates English Language Program in Tanga and Unguja February 17, 2020
- 2020 Anzisha Prize Applications launch with 10th Year Celebrations February 17, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship