…Pledges Maximum Support
The Ondo State Hausa community has endorsed the candidature of Otunba Bamidele Akingboye to become the next governor of Ondo State in 2020 election, even as they pledged their support and readiness to work assiduously for his success at the poll.
The Hausa community disclosed this on Thursday, May 29, 2019, during a gathering to break the Ramadan fast organized by the governorship aspirant at his Okitipupa residence.
Akingboye maintained that the gesture was a demonstration of his love for Islam and to bridge the gap between Christians and Muslims in the state.
He disclosed that if elected as governor, his administration would give maximum support to the Hausa community, while promising to continually celebrate Ramadan with them.
Akingboye added, that the contribution of the community to the development of Ondo State cannot be overemphasized and therefore assured them of sound security of lives and properties.
He said “Today, i assure you of my total commitment to your welfare. This occasion is a signal to good beginning and I promise to always support your course through proper engagement and dialogue.
” I have taken it upon myself to continually celebrate Ramadan with the Hausa community in Ondo State to prove our togetherness and oneness.”
He advised Muslims and Christians to live in peaceful coexistence for the sake of mankind, growth of the society and benefit of all.
Furthermore, the governorship aspirant revealed his intention to create a strong working relationship between Christians and Muslims in the state.
” In order to have a meaningful sociopolitical engagement, I’m advocating for strong synergy between Christians and Muslims. I urge you all to avoid religion intolerance, a menace which has underdeveloped many countries in the world” Akingboye said.
While examining the role of unity in sustaining peace and development, Akingboye called on religious leaders to double their sensitisation and teachings.
FINALLY! ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
ABIODUN SIGNS OGUN INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY, 3 OTHER BILLS INTO LAW
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Cover Of The Week
- Big Improvement of International Airport in Malawi by Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) September 20, 2019
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS