…Pledges Maximum Support
The Ondo State Hausa community has endorsed the candidature of Otunba Bamidele Akingboye to become the next governor of Ondo State in 2020 election, even as they pledged their support and readiness to work assiduously for his success at the poll.
The Hausa community disclosed this on Thursday, May 29, 2019, during a gathering to break the Ramadan fast organized by the governorship aspirant at his Okitipupa residence.
Akingboye maintained that the gesture was a demonstration of his love for Islam and to bridge the gap between Christians and Muslims in the state.
He disclosed that if elected as governor, his administration would give maximum support to the Hausa community, while promising to continually celebrate Ramadan with them.
Akingboye added, that the contribution of the community to the development of Ondo State cannot be overemphasized and therefore assured them of sound security of lives and properties.
He said “Today, i assure you of my total commitment to your welfare. This occasion is a signal to good beginning and I promise to always support your course through proper engagement and dialogue.
” I have taken it upon myself to continually celebrate Ramadan with the Hausa community in Ondo State to prove our togetherness and oneness.”
He advised Muslims and Christians to live in peaceful coexistence for the sake of mankind, growth of the society and benefit of all.
Furthermore, the governorship aspirant revealed his intention to create a strong working relationship between Christians and Muslims in the state.
” In order to have a meaningful sociopolitical engagement, I’m advocating for strong synergy between Christians and Muslims. I urge you all to avoid religion intolerance, a menace which has underdeveloped many countries in the world” Akingboye said.
While examining the role of unity in sustaining peace and development, Akingboye called on religious leaders to double their sensitisation and teachings.
ZENITH BANK/NFF U-13, U-15 FUTURE EAGLES TOURNAMENT: SOUTH-WEST AND SOUTH-SOUTH EMERGE CHAMPIONS
Group Demands Stop for Acceptance Fees for Tertiary Institution
‘That business, e no go spoil for your hand’! At Union Bank, There’s a Loan for Everyone.
Why i deserve to be NURTW Chairman in Ogun state – Adeshina Okegbenro ‘Eniba’ reveals
WINNERS EMERGE IN THE ZENITH BANK SPONSORED 2019MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFICATION
Cover Of The Week
- Cameroon workshop advances women’s role in peacebuilding June 19, 2019
- FAO’s seed fair links farmers to certified quality seed in northeastern Nigeria June 19, 2019
- Highest number of people displaced since World War II - Ethiopia tops list June 19, 2019
- Nigeria’s bankers unite in support of Nigeria’s most vulnerable in a visit to Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camps in Maiduguri June 19, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Guinea launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Abubaker and Fataou June 19, 2019
- Zimbabwe Rugby Union implored to action Board resolutions June 18, 2019
- Innovators from Africa recognised at Commonwealth 70th anniversary June 18, 2019
- Comment on the treatment and death in custody of former Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi June 18, 2019
- Northern healthcare firms target new opportunities in Africa June 18, 2019
- Rugby - Elgon Cup: Uganda Rugby Union unveil the full teams June 18, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business1 month ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank