Osun state workers have been on strike for some months now reason being that they are angry at the state government for not paying their salaries at when due and also deducting from their salaries. In a quest to create a solution, the NLC Osun chapter, has a new agreement with the state government and has ordered workers to resume back to work.
The Suspension of the strike was announced by the chairman, Nigerian Labour Congress Osun Council, Mr. Jacob Adekomi Wednesday evening after entering into a new agreement with the state government.
In The MOU jointly signed by the labour leaders and the representatives of the state government, workers in the state are to expect payment for 2015 February salary arrears, starting for Monday, 3rd August.
Mr. Adekomi said the decision to suspend the industrial action was taken in the interest of the state workforce and the state Government with a vow to resume the strike if the agreements were not honoured on Monday next week
While directing all the workers to resume with immediate effect, the NLC Chairman maintained that the state Government had renewed its commitment to full employment and not retrenchment of workers.
Also speaking, Chief of Staff to the Governor, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola who said government had never reneged on its agreement said the industrial action was due to shortfall in the federal allocation which is not peculiar to the State alone.
He appreciated the workers for their understanding; and assured that all their remaining salary arrears would be paid immediately funds are available through the various means being explored by the Government.
The workers had failed to resume citing inability of the government to pay February salaries as part of an earlier agreement reached with the government.
However, the government had told workers that the payment that was effected was based on the available funds and the urgent need to cater to the needs of all strata of workers in the state instead of paying only a few sections and leaving the others.
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .