By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
A former governorship candidate of Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has likened the party to a social media platform with no clear intention of winning elections.
Ize-Iyamu who also recalled his failed governorship billed in 2016 said: “there’s nothing wrong if you don’t win. But something is wrong if you are with people who don’t know how to win elections.
“It means that you can’t get into government because political party is like a vehicle you use to travel.
“And if the vehicle breaks down often, you know that the vehicle can’t take you to your destination,” he said.
The cleric stated this in an interview with journalists in Benin City and while addressing his supporters who gave him a rousing welcome after his recent trip to Abuja.
The Edo PDP had announced Ize-Iyamu’s exclusion from the party’s activities pending when he addressed speculations of his plan defection to the ruling All Progressives Party (APC).
Continuing, Ize-Iyamu said: “They have their right to do what they want to do, just like I have my right. I don’t begrudge them. They are my friends, I was their gubernatorial candidate.
“So, if because they have doubt about my political move and they decided to do that, it’s okay. I don’t think I was not actually gaining anything by been in any of those platforms because it was more or less like a social media platforms.
“I have always said it that my politics is about people centered. It is not about political party. It is what best serve the interest of our people and how do I ensure that they get the best at any given time.
“My political associates and friends choose to surprise me by coming to welcome me at the airport and know the way forward.
“In the next few days, we will meet, discuss and call a larger meeting and announced our political direction,” he stated.
Cover Of The Week
- Heirs Holdings Significantly Expands Oil and Gas Portfolio January 15, 2021
- Emergency Committee on COVID-19 advises on variants, vaccines January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
- IOM Somalia supports new ‘telemedicine’ enhancement for migrants and host communities January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 14 January 2021, 6 pm EAT January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (14 January 2021) January 15, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi