By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
A former governorship candidate of Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has likened the party to a social media platform with no clear intention of winning elections.
Ize-Iyamu who also recalled his failed governorship billed in 2016 said: “there’s nothing wrong if you don’t win. But something is wrong if you are with people who don’t know how to win elections.
“It means that you can’t get into government because political party is like a vehicle you use to travel.
“And if the vehicle breaks down often, you know that the vehicle can’t take you to your destination,” he said.
The cleric stated this in an interview with journalists in Benin City and while addressing his supporters who gave him a rousing welcome after his recent trip to Abuja.
The Edo PDP had announced Ize-Iyamu’s exclusion from the party’s activities pending when he addressed speculations of his plan defection to the ruling All Progressives Party (APC).
Continuing, Ize-Iyamu said: “They have their right to do what they want to do, just like I have my right. I don’t begrudge them. They are my friends, I was their gubernatorial candidate.
“So, if because they have doubt about my political move and they decided to do that, it’s okay. I don’t think I was not actually gaining anything by been in any of those platforms because it was more or less like a social media platforms.
“I have always said it that my politics is about people centered. It is not about political party. It is what best serve the interest of our people and how do I ensure that they get the best at any given time.
“My political associates and friends choose to surprise me by coming to welcome me at the airport and know the way forward.
“In the next few days, we will meet, discuss and call a larger meeting and announced our political direction,” he stated.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Zambia: Daily COVID-19 update 5th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Gambia: Daily Case Update as of 4th August 2020 August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (5th August 2020) August 5, 2020
- COVID-19 Situation Report for Nigeria (4 August 2020) August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi announces four new COVID-19 deaths in Eswatini August 5, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Afreximbank direct EUR 300m of support to African COVID response August 5, 2020
- Blue Prism Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Robotic Process Automation Again in 2020 August 5, 2020
- Africa Oil Week’s Online Conference to Host “Somalia Licensing Round: Derisking Above Ground Factors” Session, with Address from Petroleum and Mineral Resources Minister August 5, 2020
- Chevron’s Entry into Equatorial Guinea and Cameroon Could be a Turning Point for Central Africa’s Gas Industry August 5, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries