By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
A former governorship candidate of Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has likened the party to a social media platform with no clear intention of winning elections.
Ize-Iyamu who also recalled his failed governorship billed in 2016 said: “there’s nothing wrong if you don’t win. But something is wrong if you are with people who don’t know how to win elections.
“It means that you can’t get into government because political party is like a vehicle you use to travel.
“And if the vehicle breaks down often, you know that the vehicle can’t take you to your destination,” he said.
The cleric stated this in an interview with journalists in Benin City and while addressing his supporters who gave him a rousing welcome after his recent trip to Abuja.
The Edo PDP had announced Ize-Iyamu’s exclusion from the party’s activities pending when he addressed speculations of his plan defection to the ruling All Progressives Party (APC).
Continuing, Ize-Iyamu said: “They have their right to do what they want to do, just like I have my right. I don’t begrudge them. They are my friends, I was their gubernatorial candidate.
“So, if because they have doubt about my political move and they decided to do that, it’s okay. I don’t think I was not actually gaining anything by been in any of those platforms because it was more or less like a social media platforms.
“I have always said it that my politics is about people centered. It is not about political party. It is what best serve the interest of our people and how do I ensure that they get the best at any given time.
“My political associates and friends choose to surprise me by coming to welcome me at the airport and know the way forward.
“In the next few days, we will meet, discuss and call a larger meeting and announced our political direction,” he stated.
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria