By Ifeoma Ikem
The Governorship aspirant in Bayelsa State (PDP), Hon.Tari Oliver has condemned the alleged invasion of Azagbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of the state on Tuesday 23 July, 2019 in a reprisal to the alleged killing of two Nigerian army personnel leading to the destruction of properties of innocent civilians and the burning down of the entire village.
Hon Tari,disclosed this through a press released made available to Sahara weekly that as a peace loving citizen of the country, she strongly condemned all acts of violence and extrajudicial killings in the communities even as she went ahead to condemn the killing of soldiers by criminals and called on the appropriate authorities to go after the perpetrators of the crime and ensure they get punished according to the law.
However she noted that the country was guided by constitution adding that when offences were said to have been committed, the law should be allowed to take its course.“Therefore, I condemn the act of punishing innocent citizens by destruction of their properties, because of a crime committed by a few bad eggs. I ask that personnel of the Nigerian army henceforth refrain from transferring their aggression and quest for vengeance to innocent law-abiding citizens who are also victims of these criminal elements.
This alleged attack by the military which is similar to the Odi military massacre of 1999 is barbaric and genocidal and has the trappings of jungle justice.“I therefore call on the government, civil societies, organizations, and all well-meaning Nigerians to raise their voices against this act of wickedness and injustice.
The continuous killing of innocent Ijaw sons and daughters and the burning of properties is nothing but injustice and oppression of unarmed citizens.“I call on the President and Commander-In-Chief to set up a panel to investigate this evil act and ensure that the inhabitants of Azagbene community get the justice that they deserve. The perpetrators of this act should be severely punished to serve as a deterrent from future occurrence.“I demand in clear terms the rebuilding of the community and the prosecution of all offenders no matter whose ox is gored”, said she
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others