By Ifeoma Ikem
The Governorship aspirant in Bayelsa State (PDP), Hon.Tari Oliver has condemned the alleged invasion of Azagbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of the state on Tuesday 23 July, 2019 in a reprisal to the alleged killing of two Nigerian army personnel leading to the destruction of properties of innocent civilians and the burning down of the entire village.
Hon Tari,disclosed this through a press released made available to Sahara weekly that as a peace loving citizen of the country, she strongly condemned all acts of violence and extrajudicial killings in the communities even as she went ahead to condemn the killing of soldiers by criminals and called on the appropriate authorities to go after the perpetrators of the crime and ensure they get punished according to the law.
However she noted that the country was guided by constitution adding that when offences were said to have been committed, the law should be allowed to take its course.“Therefore, I condemn the act of punishing innocent citizens by destruction of their properties, because of a crime committed by a few bad eggs. I ask that personnel of the Nigerian army henceforth refrain from transferring their aggression and quest for vengeance to innocent law-abiding citizens who are also victims of these criminal elements.
This alleged attack by the military which is similar to the Odi military massacre of 1999 is barbaric and genocidal and has the trappings of jungle justice.“I therefore call on the government, civil societies, organizations, and all well-meaning Nigerians to raise their voices against this act of wickedness and injustice.
The continuous killing of innocent Ijaw sons and daughters and the burning of properties is nothing but injustice and oppression of unarmed citizens.“I call on the President and Commander-In-Chief to set up a panel to investigate this evil act and ensure that the inhabitants of Azagbene community get the justice that they deserve. The perpetrators of this act should be severely punished to serve as a deterrent from future occurrence.“I demand in clear terms the rebuilding of the community and the prosecution of all offenders no matter whose ox is gored”, said she
Saraki Expresses displeasure of the forfeiture of his properties to the Federal government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin