…Gears Effort towards Backward Integration
Promasidor Nigeria Limited has signed a partnership agreement with Ekiti State Government to drive its backward integration initiative aimed at creating local source of raw materials for its dairy products through the state owned Ikun Dairy Farm.
The pact was sealed on behalf of the partners by the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi and the Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Anders Einarsson in Abuja, on Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
This project will enable Promasidor utilise the potentials of Ikun Dairy Farm in the making of milk and other products of nutritional value which helps to enhance human growth.
Commenting on the agreement, Fayemi stated that Ekiti State was delighted to collaborate with a major player in the fast-moving consumer goods sector that is deeply committed to the wellbeing of consumers through its array of quality products.
The Governor affirmed that the partnership would enhance the backward integration initiative of Promasidor, in compliance with Federal Government’s directives that companies should seek local source of raw materials for their products, thus ensuring local content development.
Fayemi disclosed that Ikun Dairy Farm, established in 1980 with hundreds of fattened cows, could serve as a source of milk supply to produce evaporated milk and other nutritional products, create more employment opportunities and increased nutritional products.
In his remark, the Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Anders Einarsson, who was highly elated with the progress made on backward integration, said Ikun Dairy Farm would in no small measure provide opportunities to enhance local milk production, an exciting opportunity for the company.
He affirmed that as the maker of quality products such as Cowbell Milk, Loya Milk, Cowbell Chocolate, Miksi, Top Tea, Onga food seasoning, Sunvita Cereals, and others, local source of milk collection is paramount to ease less dependence on foreign raw materials.
The Promasidor boss corroborated Fayemi’s view that the partnership would also lead to further employment and other viable source of livelihood for people in the state.
He explained that Promasidor’s backward integration initiative would give the company an edge over others in the dairy market with the potentials of the farm.
Ikun Dairy Farm spans across 1,000 hectares of land area. Located in Ikun-Ekiti, in Moba Local Government Area, the farm was established in the early 1980s as an integrated agro-allied farm to boost the economy of the State.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others