…Gears Effort towards Backward Integration
Promasidor Nigeria Limited has signed a partnership agreement with Ekiti State Government to drive its backward integration initiative aimed at creating local source of raw materials for its dairy products through the state owned Ikun Dairy Farm.
The pact was sealed on behalf of the partners by the Ekiti State Governor, Dr. John Kayode Fayemi and the Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Anders Einarsson in Abuja, on Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
This project will enable Promasidor utilise the potentials of Ikun Dairy Farm in the making of milk and other products of nutritional value which helps to enhance human growth.
Commenting on the agreement, Fayemi stated that Ekiti State was delighted to collaborate with a major player in the fast-moving consumer goods sector that is deeply committed to the wellbeing of consumers through its array of quality products.
The Governor affirmed that the partnership would enhance the backward integration initiative of Promasidor, in compliance with Federal Government’s directives that companies should seek local source of raw materials for their products, thus ensuring local content development.
Fayemi disclosed that Ikun Dairy Farm, established in 1980 with hundreds of fattened cows, could serve as a source of milk supply to produce evaporated milk and other nutritional products, create more employment opportunities and increased nutritional products.
In his remark, the Managing Director of Promasidor Nigeria Limited, Anders Einarsson, who was highly elated with the progress made on backward integration, said Ikun Dairy Farm would in no small measure provide opportunities to enhance local milk production, an exciting opportunity for the company.
He affirmed that as the maker of quality products such as Cowbell Milk, Loya Milk, Cowbell Chocolate, Miksi, Top Tea, Onga food seasoning, Sunvita Cereals, and others, local source of milk collection is paramount to ease less dependence on foreign raw materials.
The Promasidor boss corroborated Fayemi’s view that the partnership would also lead to further employment and other viable source of livelihood for people in the state.
He explained that Promasidor’s backward integration initiative would give the company an edge over others in the dairy market with the potentials of the farm.
Ikun Dairy Farm spans across 1,000 hectares of land area. Located in Ikun-Ekiti, in Moba Local Government Area, the farm was established in the early 1980s as an integrated agro-allied farm to boost the economy of the State.
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin